“Worst hotel on the area”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Greensboro - W. Wendover
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
suburban-gbo, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Greensboro - W. Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from July 30-August 1st to visit family in the area.

When we arrived, I walked into the office area and the check-in woman was extremely nice and helpful. We stayed in a room directly above the office.

Upon checking in, I smelled a faint smell that I couldn't quite put my finger on. My fiance didn't say anything about the smell so I wasn't going to bring it up. The room itself was nice and cozy, however I couldn't imagine staying there for more than a week at most. The kitchen area is very small and if you opened the bathroom door up all the way it would hit the stove! When I woke up the next morning I noticed that the fleece comforter that we refused to sleep on (it's too hot for fleece in the summer) had brown stains on it.

The hotel was in close proximity to nearly any chain store/restaurant you could think of which was extremely convenient.

All in all it was a decent stay. I think I would return and give it another chance as it was a decent price and had extremely nice staff.

Room Tip: Check everything upon check in for cleanliness.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
suburban-gbo, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Greensboro - W. Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for any of the issued you may have encountered during your stay but appreciate you letting us know that you would be back, if you return to the area. I would like to address the blanket comments and assure you that we do launder them on a regular basis. Unfortunately, the type of blankets that are required by our hotel company are a velvety type of blanket, which we agree are too hot for the summer. The other problem with these blankets is that they get dark brown spots on them when they are left in the dryer too long or the heat setting is not reduced. We apologize for the appearance of the blanket in your room and thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. Thank you again for your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Good stay but hotel smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. Staff was very helpful all six days of the stay. Staff was knowledgeable of the area and very attentive to the guest. Manager was nice but should smile more like her staff. Hotel would receive a great rating if not for the Terrible smell of cigarette smoke. We were on a smoke free floor but our clothes and bags smelled if we had been in a Irish pub

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the smoke odor in your room. Unfortunately, we cannot control when someone breaks our smoking policy and smokes in a non-smoking room. However, we can do our best to remedy the situation. I am unaware of your particular stay but hope that we offered to change rooms for you and deeply apologize if we did not or were unable to do so because of availability. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we do strive to provide an excellent stay for all of our guests. I will also do my best to smile more often but I would like to thank you for your kind words about the rest of the team. Thank you again for your stay!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I came to Suburban Extended Stay in January 2013 and left June 2013. This place is just absolutely wonderful. The location is great. You have everything around you in walking distance. I had no problems at all when I was here with ANYTHING. The price was very affordable. I would definitely come back to Suburban Extended Stay when I am in the area again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words! It is always appreciated when guests take the time to share their experience with us, especially each time they stay! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again if you return to the area!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was new to this extended stay this past May (2013). The staff was nice and friendly, prompt to my needs. Inn comparison to Crestwood Suites- Ext Stay, the room and kitchenette much smaller and just $1 less in nightly rate. Everything was clean (REALLY IMPORTANT!) and once I was ready to check out, the walk through with the staff was quick & easy and received my deposit right in my hand. After all, I wasn't moving in so it served it's purpose for the time needed. I will gladly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Your kind words are appreciated. We do our best to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable stay and it is always nice when that is recognized. We hope that you will chose us again, should you be in the area and in need of accommodations. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I toured your hotel at 6009 Landmark Center Blvd., Greensboro, NC 27407 two weeks before I was to start a contract here. I liked your hotel and asked the person showing the rooms if they were willing to remove the TV and the couch. I travel with a 42" TV and a desk that I use to set up an office I need to have while I am in town. I told her I would be here for 6 months. She told me there would be no problem removing those things from my room. I checked in on June 1st, 2013 and asked for those items to be removed from my room. I was told that it would be Monday before it could be done because maintenance was not here on the weekends. I said that would be fine. When I got back to the motel nothing was removed. I called the office and they told me it would be done on Tuesday. on Tuesday the manager called me and left a message saying she could not remove the couch. When I got home Tuesday the TV was gone but not the couch and was told the couch was not going to be removed from the room as I was told it would.

I will be checking out of your hotel on June 7th because the staff here did not keep their word and remove the couch from my room. I will give a different local hotel the $4920.00 I would have give you for my 6 month stay. In fact I am moving to Lodge of America which is next door to your motel and is more than happy to accommodate my request to remove the same items from their room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for your comments. While you were not promised that majority of the furniture would be removed from your room, we do apologize that we were unable to meet your requests. Had the storage space been available for us to do so, we would have happily complied. Again, I apologize you did not receive what was expected. We do thank you for your stay with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Management is prompt and friendly, rooms are clean and beautiful, and guests are quiet. Area has plenty of restaurants nearby and fun activities. Overall this is a great hotel to pick. I had no problems or complaints about anything.

• Stayed: May 2013
suburban-gbo, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Greensboro - W. Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our property and for taking the time to share those words with all TripAdvisor viewers. It makes us very happy to hear about our guests having a great stay with us as we strive to provide just that. We hope to see you again should you be in the area and thank you again for sharing your experience with us!