“I travel to GSO often, and this hotel is my first choice.”

Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Harrisburg, NC
“I travel to GSO often, and this hotel is my first choice.”
Reviewed June 7, 2005

I travel to GSO often, and this hotel is my first choice. I've probably stayed here a good half dozen times. You can never go wrong with the Wingate chain -- hi-speed internet, great breakfast spread, nice clean rooms and good pillows. They have refrig/microwave in the rooms and an outdoor pool. USAT newspaper at your door in the morning.
They're off of exit 214 (Wendover), where everything is in GSO. Price varies from $76 to well over $100 per nite.
BTW, there is a brand new Spring Hill Suites right across the road from this wingate. You might give that one a try if you don't want to stay here.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank joe02joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2004

This was my first time staying at a Wingate Inn, and I was a little skeptical when I made my reservation, because I hadn't heard much about them, but I couldn't beat the rate I found. I was pleased with my room for the most part, and the stay was pretty good. It was AFTER I checked out that I experienced the most problems. They charged me for an extra room that I didn't book, and kept insisting that it was a no show. I called they're reservations number and spoke with 2 different reps who told me that I only had one room for two nights. I spoke with the manager who insisted that the problem was fixed, but when I checked my online statement, they had not only overcharged my account once, they charged me two more times! Basically, I was charged four times, for a two night stay, and in the long run was charged over $550! It's been 4 days, and my money is still tied up in this hotel room, and I'm having to go back and forth between my bank, and the hotel to get it fixed. The hotel keeps insisting that it's my bank's fault (which it's not), and act as if they don't want to keep dealing with it. In all actuality had they not made the mistake in the first place, all of this could have been avoided. If you're looking for a nice hotel room, it's not a bad place to stay, but all the issues I'm dealing with from their billing mistakes didn't make my stay worth it at all. I'll probably not stay at another Wingate Hotel.

• Stayed October 2004