1,138 results
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesgreat place to staybiscuits and gravyoutdoor pooldefinitely stay here againvery nice hotelstaff was friendlyfree breakfastother hotelsfresh fruitchecking inbusiness centerdesk clerkthe breakfast areapillowscereal
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Arrived late, needing sleep, had booked two queen beds, on arrival got 1 king and a sleeper sofa. Offered "hot" breakfast, which was reheated eggs and bacon, and HUGE line; they were slow refilling the serving dishes. Juice machine needed a refill. Sunday was same story. Ice machine on our floor was jammed. Business travel is about moving quick. Eating a hot meal at the hotel is faster and less expensive than going out..., but had to go out anyway. Several adjacent hotels, and for the offer vs. Windham's delivery of promise..., room was $20 too expensive each night per person. Had our group been any larger; it would've been a disaster. I think my group was ripped off.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We just returned from a one night stay at the Wingate after the Taylor Swift concert. This was our first stay in a Wingate by Wyndham. I book the room the night before through Hotwire for about $60. For that price, we got way more than our money's worth. You can't beat the location. It is surrounded by numerous chain resturants and fast food places, within five minutes of the hotel. The hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. The room had everything you would need -- minifridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron/board, hairdryer, 42" LG LCD TV, cordless and corded phone, very comfy bed, couch and coffee table, nice desk, high speed internet access. Bathroom very clean. There is a small workout room, a hot tub and an outdoor pool. Admittedly, the overall decor is rather beige and basic. This is not a luxury hotel -- but it isn't trying to be. It compares very favorably with Courtyard by Marriott and Hampton Inn, two of our favorite places to stay. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Our 5 person family stayed at Wingate for 3 nights for a Greensboro/Winston visit. Other than pricey O Henry and Proximity, there are no other hotels in the Friendly Center area, which would have been our preferred choice.

The Wingate is situated behind a series of strip malls and restaurants in a safe highway interchange area. We chose Wingate because the rooms were large enough to fit 2 Queens and a chair in one room, or a King bed and pull out sofa in the other, and we had 3 boys all over the age of 13. Though they didn't have adjoining rooms, they were able to give us 2 rooms across the hall from each other.

Pros: We liked having wi-fi and 75 channels on our TV. The lobby continental breakfast was nice enough, which included the ability to make your own waffle. The employee was very pleasant and kept it well stocked with fruit and cereals and bagels.

Cons: We had continued problems with our room key cards, though the staff was very accomadating in re-keying them each time we reported a difficulty. The indoor hot tub by the workout room mysteriously was emptied our first night there, and was never repaired throughout our stay. The outdoor pool was closed for the season (though there were other hotels who still had them open for use nearby.) A fire alarm at 6 am roosted us all from our room Saturday morning, and we suspect that it was the bacon being prepared for the start of the day, as the bacon fumes filled the lobby when we evacuated down there. For an updated hotel, they don't have an updated room temp system, but instead have the standard air blower/conditioner under the window. The person sleeping closest to the vent system gets the noise and the air - the person in the pullout couch on the other side of the room sweats for the duration of the night.

This is a fine hotel for a one night pass through, but for a 4 day stay, I'm not sure I made the best choice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed here for one night while on business in Greensboro. I chose it based on the other good reviews for it on this site. I was not disappointed.

The room was very spacious for the price (I paid about $100 including the taxes and fees, it was a AAA rate). I had a king bed room and it included a "living area" with a couch, coffee table, and a desk. The room was very clean and appeared recent.ly refurbished. The rate included free internet access (either hardwired or wireless - they have access for both). There were also nice details such as a new, easy-to-read alarm clock and a cordless phone.

As far as the rest of the facilities, they were pretty standard. There was a pool and hot tub but I didn't use either. The fitness center was very small (1 each treadmill, stepper, bike and an all-in-one strength training station) BUT open 24 hours which I appreciated. A generous hot-and-cold breakfast was also included in the price.

The service, in my limited contact, was very good. The desk clerk asked me at check-in if I planned to use the internet and made sure to give me a room that had good wifi reception. I suppose that means some rooms have poor reception, which could be a minus, but it didn't affect me personally.

There is no room service but menus for a few local restaurants were provided in the room. I ordered from one of the Italian places and got my food in about 20 minutes which I thought was great.

Overall it was a very positive business travel experience. I did not take any photos myself but I found the offiical ones to be accurate.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Wingate by Wyndham met and far exceeded my expectations of the hotel. Not only did I get what i expected, I received much more!!!!!!!! The staff (all of them) were willing to do whatever to make our families stay great. The hotel was packed when we were there but when I had a question or a need you would of thought i was the only one there. Awesome Breakfast, great deal for the money $$$$$

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business