“Exceptional Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Herndon, VA
“Exceptional Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Wingate by Wyndham met and far exceeded my expectations of the hotel. Not only did I get what i expected, I received much more!!!!!!!! The staff (all of them) were willing to do whatever to make our families stay great. The hotel was packed when we were there but when I had a question or a need you would of thought i was the only one there. Awesome Breakfast, great deal for the money $$$$$

• Liked — The oversize rooms
  • Disliked — We had to leave
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

Can't say enough about this hotel! Room 500 is awesome if you can get it! Bright, not dark and dreary like some hotel rooms! Lots of lighting options in the room! Clean, clean, clean! Fresh, crisp clean linens on beds! Soft, thick comforter and clean, fluffy pillows were awesome! Clean carpet (I've been in some hotels where I wouldn't dare walk on the carpet without sandals or something, but not here!). Nice, large working table with wireless internet available! Sitting chair with ottoman! Just like a nice living room! Wolfgang Puck single cup coffee maker with coffee, cream and even chamomille supplied was PERFECT in the morning! Mini refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, iron, laundry service...all impressive! Clean clean clean bathroom with wonderful shower head that has several settings! Plenty of towels and washcloths! Glasses, cups, ice bucket, coffe cups, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and free USA Today paper on morning of checkout!...more than anyone would need! I enjoyed myself and was very comfortable! Eric at the desk was awesome! He called a little bit after I checked in to see if everything in my room was satisfactory! For the business person, continental breakfast was great! Plenty of food, nice atmosphere! Not "scraps by 9am", like some hotel breakfasts! Business rooms with internet, faxes and printers! Workout room, sauna and pool! I was impressed for the price! $106 a night and I felt like I was at a 5 star hotel that should've been $150 a night. (In fact, in March I stayed at a hotel that WAS $150 a night that was nowhere NEAR the quality of the Wingate in Greensboro!) I would highly recommend the Wingate by Wyndham in Greensboro! I'm one of those who checks Trip Advisor everytime I'm booking a hotel and I do a LOT of researching before I book anywhere! This place is reliable, clean, friendly and just plain perfect!

• Liked — Cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — Wish I could've stayed longer!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

Very nice property with very welcoming and helpful front desk staff. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Clean, comfortable and nice breakfast. First stay at a Wingate and very pleased. Plenty of chain restaurants nearby although we went to local favorite, Stamey's, for BBQ.

• Liked — Great front desk staff, very nice rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

Just returned from a week long stay at Wingate Inn in Greensboro. I was in town for a baseball tournament and had a positive experience. The continental breakfast was good and the dining lobby area was always clean. I had 2 17 year old boys with me so we took a suite and the room was very roomy, I suggest the suite if you have 4 people as the fold out couch is in another area that has it's own TV. Front desk staff was very helpful and the area on Wendover has everything you could possibly need in terms of food and stores. The only negative from my trip was the air conditioner but management took care of our problem. Do not hesitate to stay in this hotel if you are price shopping the area.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — The air coniditioners
  • Stayed July 2008
oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

We had 3 families with us(traveling with kids), the hotel staff was excellent ,very friendly gave cookies to the kids.
The rooms were very nice and clean,
The pool was a hit with the kids, the water was warm.
The internet room was open 24 hours which made it nice to check on work back home.
The morning breakfast which is included was very delicious and the morning breakfast cook was polite and helpful. The breakfast bar had fresh fruit and anything else you would want to have for breakfast.
We would reccommend this hotel to other families and also our clients.

• Liked — The beds were comfortable. kids loved the pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

My parents and I just stayed at the Wingate in Greensboro for 3 nights. We were in the area to attend the Davis Cup tournament in Winston-Salem. While located in a pretty non-descript area(lots of other hotels along with strip malls and fast food and chain restaurants), it's location right off I-40 was very convenient for us. The rooms were clean, modern, quiet, and very comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

The free breakfast was a real plus: make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon, bagels, breads, pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. We filled up each morning before heading to the tennis. My folks loved the coffee they served. And our first morning we ate breakfast with the US Womens Olympic Softball Team who were also staying at the hotel.

They have a 24-hour "business center" with 2 computers that you can use for free (although they were a bit slow). And did I mention the yummy cookies they put out in the late afternoon (only on weekdays)?

• Liked — Free breakfast, nice rooms, friendly service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Fort Bragg, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

I stayed 2 nights at the Wingate in Greensboro, NC. The first night went smooth but the second night was a disaster. In the late afternoon we smelled a strong odor of natural gas. I called the front desk clerk who informed that that she would call the general manager. After about 15 min. I went to the front desk and she hadn't called the manager yet. The clerk told me that she had 4 other complaints that day of a natural gas odor. Then she told me that it wasn't natural gas, it was exhaust from a car outside. Natural gas and exhaust have 2 distinct smells that I am well aware of. Anyway, later they said the gas company is on it's way (but wait, I thought it wasn't natural gas). Grrrr, I had to pack up all of my stuff, plus the kids' stuff and move to a new room upstairs. They would not refund my money or give me a discount for my inconvenience. They said they did all they could. BAD customer service!!!!!!! If you want to stay in a hotel that has natural gas leaks and they don't do much to fix it, go ahead and book your stay here.

Stayed September 2007