1,138 results
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesgreat place to staybiscuits and gravyoutdoor pooldefinitely stay here againvery nice hotelstaff was friendlyfree breakfastother hotelsfresh fruitchecking inbusiness centerthe breakfast areapillowscerealdesk
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We had 3 families with us(traveling with kids), the hotel staff was excellent ,very friendly gave cookies to the kids.
The rooms were very nice and clean,
The pool was a hit with the kids, the water was warm.
The internet room was open 24 hours which made it nice to check on work back home.
The morning breakfast which is included was very delicious and the morning breakfast cook was polite and helpful. The breakfast bar had fresh fruit and anything else you would want to have for breakfast.
We would reccommend this hotel to other families and also our clients.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2008

My parents and I just stayed at the Wingate in Greensboro for 3 nights. We were in the area to attend the Davis Cup tournament in Winston-Salem. While located in a pretty non-descript area(lots of other hotels along with strip malls and fast food and chain restaurants), it's location right off I-40 was very convenient for us. The rooms were clean, modern, quiet, and very comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

The free breakfast was a real plus: make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon, bagels, breads, pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. We filled up each morning before heading to the tennis. My folks loved the coffee they served. And our first morning we ate breakfast with the US Womens Olympic Softball Team who were also staying at the hotel.

They have a 24-hour "business center" with 2 computers that you can use for free (although they were a bit slow). And did I mention the yummy cookies they put out in the late afternoon (only on weekdays)?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I stayed 2 nights at the Wingate in Greensboro, NC. The first night went smooth but the second night was a disaster. In the late afternoon we smelled a strong odor of natural gas. I called the front desk clerk who informed that that she would call the general manager. After about 15 min. I went to the front desk and she hadn't called the manager yet. The clerk told me that she had 4 other complaints that day of a natural gas odor. Then she told me that it wasn't natural gas, it was exhaust from a car outside. Natural gas and exhaust have 2 distinct smells that I am well aware of. Anyway, later they said the gas company is on it's way (but wait, I thought it wasn't natural gas). Grrrr, I had to pack up all of my stuff, plus the kids' stuff and move to a new room upstairs. They would not refund my money or give me a discount for my inconvenience. They said they did all they could. BAD customer service!!!!!!! If you want to stay in a hotel that has natural gas leaks and they don't do much to fix it, go ahead and book your stay here.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 8, 2007

My husband and I rented a room for the night at the Wingate Inn by Wyndham in Greensboro NC for just a night of R&R (we live only 15 minutes away). Our room was extremely clean and had a pleasant smell as soon as we opened the door. The king bed had a white fluffy duvet and numerous fluffy pillows which we liked. The bed was a little firmer than I am used to, but it was still nice. There was a seperate sitting area with couch and coffee table. They are really geared to business travelers as there was a nice business center with 2 computers, new fax and copier. The rooms all had high speed internet as well. We also liked the fact that there was a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in the room.
There is a wonderful indoor hottub right next to the workout room. There was obviously not many people staying the night we were there, as we had the hottub to ourself for over an hour. We felt like we were the only ones there, it was wonderful!
There is a good continental breakfast there, I had a great belgian waffle with sausage. They also had several kinds of coffee to choose from, which we loved b/c we are huge coffee drinkers!
Overrall, we would definitely recommend the Wingate to anyone. The folks there were friendly too, and there are numerous restaurants in the area including Red Lobster, Fuddruckers, Villa Rosa Italian, Kabuto's Japanese plus too many to name.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather875
Reviewed June 7, 2005

I travel to GSO often, and this hotel is my first choice. I've probably stayed here a good half dozen times. You can never go wrong with the Wingate chain -- hi-speed internet, great breakfast spread, nice clean rooms and good pillows. They have refrig/microwave in the rooms and an outdoor pool. USAT newspaper at your door in the morning.
They're off of exit 214 (Wendover), where everything is in GSO. Price varies from $76 to well over $100 per nite.
BTW, there is a brand new Spring Hill Suites right across the road from this wingate. You might give that one a try if you don't want to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business