“wingate, greensboro”

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
SAN ANTONIO
“wingate, greensboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel was in a convenient location for our visit. There were several shops and restaurants near by. Room was comfortable with a king size bed and sofa. It was great having a mini fridge and microwave. Unfortunately the hot tub was not in service as they will be remodeling area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you back soon! FYI - the hot tub is being removed from the property due to continuous performance issues. We will be renovating that entire area and upgrading and expanding the fitness center for our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Develop a good program to repair furniture and room furnishings. Air quality in the lobby can be improved.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I do apologize for the furniture BUT exciting news! We have just started the process of replacing all guest room furniture, artwork and lighting. We hope that you will come back to see all of the improvements that we are making to our property.
Weaverville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here during my most recent trip to the water park in Greensboro. I was pleased with and relieved at the cleanliness of this hotel after a bad experience last year at a competitor hotel in Greensboro. The employees were friendly and efficient and my check in went smoothly. I even got a goody bag as a rewards member, which was a nice touch. My stay was quiet and uneventful. Next time I am in Greensboro, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Emerald Poine Water Park and hope to see you again. The Asheboro Zoo is great to see in the Fall and is not far from our location
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Me and my family came to Greensboro NC, to see my daughter at Family & Friends Weekend at A&T UNIVERSITY. We looked for a hotel to stay and I picked the Wingate because the ones I stayed in before was really nice. I've stayed at the one in Raliegh NC which was also nice. The Staff was helpful and friendly. We will be back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank ChristinaBossla... D
Thank you for choosing the Wingate to stay in during your Family & Friends weekend at NC A&T University. We partner with A&T for all of their special events and look forward to having you with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We attended a Wedding and stayed at the hotel for two days. The hotel was clean, the room was clean, and the staff was awesome. The hotel is situated on a great property with tons of shops and restaurants we didnt have to go for to eat or shop.
The next time we are in the Greensboro Area, we will definitely stay at this hotel !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time in our city. The next time you visit be sure to plan for shopping at the new Tangier Outlets and you can visit The Shoppes at Friendly for wonderful food or shopping. Contact us directly to arrange your next stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

staff went out of there way to take care of all my needs. will be back very clean food was fresh cookies are great best value in greensboro

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

It was our pleasure to be of service to you! We appreciate the time that you took to write your review and hope that we will be of service to you in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've stayed in Greensboro before and have not been impressed. This hotel, however, was very nice. It seemed like a new building, but I think it may be a decade old or so. The walls are sufficiently thick.
The location was great. There are a bunch of restaurants, some local and some chains, within walking distance. The rooms are clean.
Breakfast was standard hotel breakfast. I usually just eat yogurt, though, so I'm not real picky. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was only there for one night, but if I go back I will make an effort to stay here again.

Room Tip: I was by the elevator and I didn't hear it.