“Nice area and great value”

Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Charlotte
“Nice area and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed overnight for a concert and as usual, the Wingate was a good value. Breakfast is always very crowded but I guess that is a good thing. The beds were very comfortable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing The Wingate by Wyndham of Greensboro for your most recent visit to the area. We look forward to having you back. We will be upgrading our hotel in the 4th quarter. Be sure to come check us out!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Easy reservation, easy check in / check out. Staff very friendly, hotel clean and very comfortable. Great value. Great location, plenty of places to shop and eat right nearby. Free breakfast was enjoyable as well! Did stay long enough to enjoy facilities, but there is an outdoor pool and a gym. The room was huge with a large desk, fridge and microwave and big comfy bed and tv. A+

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry W
MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
WOW! Thank you for your comments on our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back so you can use all of the amenities at our facility! We will be remodeling the Fitness Center early 4th quarter and upgrading all of the guest rooms and bathrooms as well. See you soon!
Debary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were only there for one night, but the place was very clean. Our room was large and comfy with a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, easy chair and ottoman, and the bathroom was great - one of the largest vanity counters I've seen in a hotel with plenty of room for 3 of us to keep our toiletries. Our room was very quiet, never heard a sound.
Breakfast was OK, there was a nice variety but sausage patties and egg "rounds" were dry and a little hard from sitting in the warmers.
Staff was extremely friendly. Outdoor pool was small but adequate - our teen grandson enjoyed it.
I recommend it and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flahagan
MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed it. I apologize for the breakfast issues, we strive for every guest to receive the best quality product that we can provide. I can assure you on your next visit, you will have fresh eggs & sausage to eat. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Dfw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed for a soccer tournament and this hotel was extremely accommodating. They insured breakfast was ready at 6am for early games and allowed the boys to eat after the morning games as well. The hotel kept 90% of the team on the same floor. They also provided extra towels and ice for the teams. A HUGE plus were the FREE washer & dryers on the floor. Loved the microwave & 'frig in every room. Only place I would bring a team!

Room Tip: Great location, able to walk to many different restaurants
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We are so glad that your team chose us for their stay during the Score Soccer Tournament. We hope to see your team in 2013. At that time you will be able to see all of the guest room improvements we will be making in 4th quarter 2012.
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This room with a king bed is just right. The large flat-screen TV is great and a variety of channels are available. Lots of hot water for the bath & shower, but not in the sink. It just didn't get very hot. I am on the 5th floor, so that might have something to do with it.

The air conditioner works well and it isn't the loudest I've experienced in a hotel. The Wi-fi works well. The fridge is cold and the microwave works as does the iron.

I slept like a baby! Four comfy pillows and a down comforter. Nice mattress which is clean. I looked. Box-spring looks clean, too.

I like the shampoo and hand lotion. They smell like they came from a spa. Strong hand lotion, many might not like it.

I don't hear a lot of noise while I'm in the room. This wing of the hotel has been reserved for conference attendees, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

I was very happy with the breakfast. I recently quit caffeine and started drinking hot water with lemon juice. They actually had lemon juice alongside the teas. Sweet!
I also had real cooked oatmeal with walnuts and a perfectly ripe banana. There was also brown sugar and dried cranberries available for the oatmeal. Other typical breakfast foods were available, such as yogurt, cereal, muffins, and waffles.

The only negatives were little things that are not really deal breakers. The shower head could stand a cleaning because there is some buildup around the jets and there is an exhaust fan above the shower that is very dusty and needs a vacuum. I didn't see a switch to turn that fan on, so who knows how long that dust has been there. I might just wipe it myself......

I would choose Wingate again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank j S
MOverbeyGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your input on our hotel. We will be gutting the bathrooms in 4th quarter of this year and upgrading We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel was okay, but expected a little more after reading reviews. We pulled out the sofa bed for my granddaughter to sleep on and found a bunch of dirt and a wrapper under it. The hotel was booked so knew they were busy so I took a napkin and picked it up the best I could. I couldn't get the sofa bed to unfold, as it had a few issues with it. Finally after manually pulling down the legs I was able to get it unfolded. Our room wasn't bad, just needed a cleaning and an update. The staff was very accommodating. They have a wonderful breakfast, with a wide variety of items. The outside pool area was nice.The price was very fair.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your guest stay. I wanted to let you know that we will be updating all of our guest rooms in the 4th quarter of this year. New Sofas in all rooms!
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here 1 night on our way to myrtle beach and it was perfect. The room was spacious and had a microwave and refrigerator. It was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was free and very good. They had waffles, eggs, biscuits, bacon, toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, chocolate and white milk and I'm sure more. It was very delicious and the lady taking care of it was very attentive and kept it very nice. I would recommend this hotel and will be definitely stay here again if I'm anywhere near Greensboro, NC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to serve you on your trip to Myrtle Beach. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future