“Just okay”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I thought it was a suite, but its a well decorated Motel 6, except with a small complimentary breakfast. The desk was friendly except for one lady, possibly management, that assumed that I was going to smuggle lots of kids into the room. As per her comment (that was not as discrete as she thought it was) to count all of "them" as they come in and let them know if they are over the allowable counts. I was appalled because she had already asked how many kids and how many rooms, and yet she felt that I was a liar. Unfortunately, all the hotels were booked for the week, otherwise I would have taken my money and my team to another hotel. To add to my displeasure, every day we had to ask for clean wash cloths. For some reason the room service would do the beds and remove the dirty towels, but would not give us a wash cloths unless we requested them--weird. It was definitely kid friendly. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. I survived. They would have to lower the price to get me to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
sleepinngso, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I understand Labor Day was a busy weekend for the hotel and I am sorry I missed you, I was out on leave and just returned this week. Our interim manager was a nice young gentlemen who filled me in on how the city's soccer tournament brought young athletes from all around. We are glad the bed's were comfortable and hope you enjoyed the belgium waffles and new fruit additions to our breakfast. We apologize for upsetting you with the attempt of keeping accurate counts of all our guests. We did not intentionally mean to offend anyone, only to account for everyone staying at our property in case of emergency. We take all comments seriously and will use this as an opportunity to improve our service, we want turn your okay stay into a great one!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was fortunate enough to book the Sleep Inn for a really great rate through Hotwire. I was in Greensboro for a job interview and simply needed a decent place to sleep the night before. Knowing I'd be coming in late, I called in earlier that day to check and see if that was OK - they were very receptive and even left a note saying I'd be checking in late in the evening. Once I arrived, it was a breeze checking in. The receptionist was friendly despite it being past 2 am. My room was easy to get to and very quiet, which I needed. The rooms themselves could use a bit of help. They're not bad, but could be better with a renovation. What bothered me the most was the lighting. The entire room was lit by overhead florescent lights - no lamps or halogen lights by the bed. I'm sort of a stickler about lighting, but I felt that this was particularly unpleasant. But, not to worry - once turned off, the bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well! The shower appeared a bit old fashioned, but that didn't bother me.

Unfortunately, I only had time to grab a banana and coffee to go around 7 am, but there seemed to be a decent selection of items at the breakfast. All in all, I had a good experience, and I'd certainly recommend it - especially for the price!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
sleepinngso, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

We are so very happy that your stay was well received. We strive hard to ensue that even "the late ones" get good service at check in and a comfortable bed for the few hours they are at the hotel. We hope the interview went well and we hope to be able to serve your needs in the future. Good Luck and thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Big shout out today to Sleep Inn Airport Greensboro - for being the place I would least like to go back to. For 1) having a manager's policy of not taking payment in bills larger than $20...(really?) - hope the $5's and $1's were okay. For 2) Trying to put me in Room 401 first - which for the uninformed - smelled like a wet dog just walked out of the shower and had the heat running...great!!! For 3) when I came through the back entrance to get to my room, passed a HUGE PILE of trash and boxes inside the building **huge - because it filled the ground floor stairwell...sweeeeet!!!and 4) for having no accessible internet in the hotel room - which is especially annoying when you have to see their little signs in the room about "enjoying the free wi-fi"... but hey, the desk staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't get room 401...unless you like "wet dog" smell. Handicap accessibility from the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Onebiggirl
sleepinngso, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your "shout out" and suggestions regarding your recent stay. We take all compliments and concerns seriously and use them as training on how to improve our service. Unfortunately the area we are in has recently seen alot of counterfeit bills. Other hotels in the area, as well as the diner in front of us, has been subjected to individuals using fake money. With our high tech society they have found away to get around our counterfeit detection pen. As away to protect ourselves we no longer take anything larger than a $20. The 5's and 1's worked out great and we still accept all major credit cards.

Our friendly front desk staff should have been able to handle the internet situation. Its often just the homepages fighting each other. We will definitely address the trash and order situation, as this is not our normal routine. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a very nice hotel! The room was very clean. They have breakfast in the mornings which was decent. however it is kind of hard to find(we had a gps to take us directly there) it is kind of hidden behind a wooded area and , the road you drive down to get there doesn't really look like there would be anything back there. overall it was a pretty nice hotel for the price!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

we stayed here from 6-21 thru 6-23 to visit Emerald Pointe.. as previously said the hotel is hidden off behind some wooded area, very hard to locate. no restaurants unless u drive about 7 mins. didnt eat breakfast because the room was to small and too crowded. The kids did enjoy the little swimming pool...however its right close to the woods so u have to watch them carefully! my first night there the light in the shower broke an wasnt fixed all weekend, Maint. came friday evening to try and fix it but couldnt, told me he would be back sat. morning after we left for the Water Park~but never came! The room and bathroom were clean :-) I did kill 2 spiders on the blanket though! The entrance smells like dog urine. it really needs cleaning.. also the stairwell leading to the pool smells terrible(maybe because theres trash sitting there)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tasha D
sleepinngso, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We take all compliments and suggestions as words of encouragement and opportunities to improve. The weekend proved to be much busier than we had anticipated with sports tournaments in the area. We are glad the children enjoyed the pool. Our breakfast area experienced waves of guests at one given time. One minute no one would be there, and the next everyone showed up together. The Belgium waffle station is popular with the kids. We actually sit behind a Carolina's Diner which is popular with the locals. I'm sorry we weren't able to fix the light bulb in the shower until after you checked out, our full time maintenance engineer was on vacation and our temporary help wasn't able to get the special bulb we needed until Monday. We will definitely work on keeping things stocked during these surprisingly busy summer months. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My main issue was the morning following our night staying here, you could clearly hear people running around in the halls. Then, room service tried to deliver to our room at 7:45 am, when we did not order any, and then, at 8:30 am, cleaning ladies tried to clean our room. It's 8:30 in the morning, really? There wasn't any space for us to get breakfast so we left with eating, as well as the check out process feeling more like they couldn't care less if we stayed or not, we still have 2 more nights in town and we will not be staying at this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First off it was hard to find. If you miss the plastic banner out on the Main Street you'll go right by. Then it's tucked back sort of in the woods. But once you find it it's not too bad to locate.
They advertise free Wi Fi, it should be free, it's non exsistant. The three of us tried in vain and were only able to get on some of the time and at a slow speed, vertically useless. When I asked the clerk he said, that's all they got, sorry.
The room was descent but had a musty smell to it. Beds were comfortable.
The parking lot was another issue. We had to park far away from the hotel in an unlit section of there lot.
The breakfast was your typical free breakfast, so it was just ok, nothing great.
Sorry to say that our next trip there we will find another hotel to stay at.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family