“Wonderful home-made breads and baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Great Harvest - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Great Harvest
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Great Harvest is Baking the Difference in the Triad with fresh baked, whole grain breads. Using a stone ground mill in the bakery each day, Great Harvest is the only bakery that makes its own whole-grain flour. You will taste the difference in every loaf. No fillers, conditioners, preservatives or High-Fructose Corn Syrup is used. We feature Vegan and Kosher items. There is also a daily selection of fresh baked sweets.
Greensboro, NC
“Wonderful home-made breads and baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

If you are traveling and happen to be at Friendly Shopping Center, stop into Great Harvest for a sample of their home-baked breads, sweet rolls, dinner rolls and other goodies. They have a rotating variety of breads daily, with many good choices. Healthy, fresh alternative!

Visited December 2012

“GREAT VEGAN MUFFINS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This place has the BEST vegan muffins. They also have great bread. Try there vegan blackies, this is the biggest thickest brownie you will ever try.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Yummy fresh baked goodies!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Located in Friendly Center shopping area, this little bread company is tucked in a corner that I missed for months after moving here! I'm glad I finally found it - their wheat breads are to die for! Honey wheat is my favorite: slightly sweet, very hearty, but still light in texture (not dense and heavy like my homemade ones always seem to be). I love that you can try the bread before buying (they'll cut you a slice and butter it!).

We recently tried some scones and a cinnamon bun, but although they tasted pretty good they had a strange bitter or chemical aftertaste - I think it might have been the cinnamon (since they don't use preservatives, I don't think I was actually tasting any chemicals!). I have not been back yet to ask the owner what she thought might be the cause of the funny taste, but everyone who works there is so nice I would expect them to be concerned about my experience.

Despite the cinnamon fiasco, I will definitely be returning to this bakery again and again for their delicious bread, and probably trying other goodies as well!

Visited April 2012