“Lots to see”

Greensboro Science Center
Ranked #2 of 76 things to do in Greensboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of an aquarium, zoo, science museum, and 3D theater all in one attraction! See sharks, penguins, otters, stingrays, a fishing cat and other amazing animals from around the world in the NEW Carolina SciQuarium. Get eye-to-eye with tigers, meerkats, monkeys, crocodiles and other unique animals in Animal Discovery Zoo. Roam through Dinosaur Gallery, take a journey through the human body, experience extreme weather, and have fun in Kid's Alley in the Museum. Watch amazing 3-D shows that pop out of the screen in the OmniSphere Theater.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This place has a zoo, museum, and aquarium! Really, this place is great! Lots to see and do. We went late on a Sunday and regret not going earlier in the day. Young and old, my whole family had fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Went as a chaperone for my son's class field trip. Loved this place. Recently opened aquatic center was neat...the kids loved the penguins! They have a petting zoo, and an animal habitat (indoors and outdoors). Maybe my son's favorite things were the dinosaurs. This is also remember most from my childhood visits. They have a nice facility for lunches for the schools, also drink machines are available. Cost was average. Gift shop prices were much better than some places we've visited.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been going here since I was little. I like the new additions because they still have things there that have been there forever and it is nice that there is actually something new. With that being said I don't think it is worth the increase in admission. If you are looking for something educational and informational go and experience it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you want to see some really great stuff come to the Greensboro Science Center. It has anew acquatic center with penguins, otters and a touching pool and much more.! There is plenty of other stuff inside: a children's play area reptiles,etc. there are animals outside including tigers,gators,a petting farm and more. It is a must see!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have to agree with other reviewers that the animals are not in the best of situations. I really don't know why they feel the need to have these animals when we have a nationally ranked zoo just a few miles away. They do desperately need more staff to control children AND adults from disturbing the wolves. Quite honestly some of the animals look absolutely miserable! However, the rest of the science center is not bad. I would recommend people go for a good day trip for their family but please while there take the opportunity to teach your children how animals should be treated.

Been to Greensboro Science Center? Share your experiences!