“Beyond Great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Wow. Absolutely the best Italien restaurant I've ever been to. Fantastic food. Terrific service by Scott. Sal (chef/owner) visits every table personally. Makes me wish I lived in Greensboro. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

This place is off this planet - I had grouper, escargot, pasta fagoli and cannoli and they were perfect. Even better than my spelling. Great Wine List, Great Service, Great Atmosphere and unbelieveable Value. The best I have eaten in years - including Europe.
I can't say enough about this place. It will be a guaranteed stop when I am in the Triad from now on.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This small place on the side of a strip mall on Battleground Avenue is one of the best, classical Italian restaurants in this area, probably in North Carolina. Recently, within the same week, we ate here and at Vivace in North Hills in Raleigh, rated as perhaps the best Italian restaurant in the Raleigh area. Salvino Cucina serves more of the traditional dishes, but in areas where the dishes overlapped (calamari, veal, pasta) Salvino's was as good or better.

The Escargots and the Calamari Fritti are both excellent starts. The potato and spinach Gnocchi is a little too rich for my taste due to the gorgonzola cream sauce. The Pasta & Fagioli soup is nice as well, small portion, but tasty.
Their signature Lasagna dish is that for a reason - the best I've had, anywhere. The Scaloppini di Vitillo Portofino is rich and large, enough for two. Interestingly, spaghetti is on the menu only as a side dish - and no meatballs.

They only take reservations for large parties, and at times on the weekend it can be crazy at peak times, and frankly, the seating is not always done on a first come, first serve basis, and they can be a little arrogant about it. I have chosen to avoid those time periods here.
The wait staff is excellent and attentive, and add significantly to the overall experience of dining here.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

The SCALLOPS AL SOAVE was fantasic. Not only were the well seasoned scallops perfectly cooked but they were served with one of the best pasta side dishes I have ever tasted--sauteed spinach and angel hair pasta in a light cream sauce.

We are in the Greensboro area often for business and have eaten at many of the upscale restaurants and can say that Salvivo's Cucina Restaurant is the best we have found! This was our first time and we can't wait to return and try other great sounding dishes.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

first i would say if i had known how quiet and a white table cloth restaurant this was i would never have visited. We had just finished a soccer tournament and saw this in a tiny shopping mall and in shorts and comfy clothes and a child in a uniform :) It was not a super fancy place but candles and white clothes dont exactly match soccer attire. the hostess was not as friendly as our waiter ( could have been the dress) but our waiter immediately made us feel at home. she almost made us feel unwelcome- but he was amazing and didnt miss a beat on making sure everything was perfect. Cheerful and very helpful in making the menu stand out on what each of us would prefer. he nailed our favorites we might have missed without his guidance. we sampled each others plates and all incredible. i had seafood pasta Linguini Imperiale and a Caesar salad while boys had soup (both were very good) my salad was perfectly fresh and so good my son who usually will not eat one added one to his order. was not drenched in dressing and crispy. words can not describe how perfectly the seafood was cooked. i should also add we ordered the calamari as a appetizer. the first time at a restaurant it was perfect perfection- just at the right point where it is not overly done or not quiet done-now i know what a true chef is*** we have eaten at 5 star restaurants in many cities but none compare to his artistic flare and skills. i know now i will never meet this level at home-and before i felt very comfortable in my skills. if you want to save room for desert the plumbers cheesecake is another culinary experience. the price is somewhat misleading because it is enough food for two meals. very generous. all i can say is the truth is the place is too good for words and if you consider yourself someone who doesnt want the standard meatballs and pasta experience you owe it to yourself to spend a evening knowing what amazing food can taste like. Perfect for a date no matter if a new date you want to impress or a date with your long time companion. My son loved his lobster ravioli but not a place to take a crew of kids who dont have table manners :)-
not enough stars for the waiter or the chef- both amazing. this place is worth praise as none others we have visited. but... it may not be one if you enjoy canned sauce and regular fare, a truly unique adventure with a combination of flavors for those who appreciate the subtle difference and adventure in dining. not your olive garden and carrabas made for the masses palate. the difference btw baby food and true delicious
cuisine. Yummm!!!! who knew a person could make food such a experience????