“Nico has closed according to their website Aug 2014”
Review of Nico's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nico's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W. Friendly Ave.
Transit: GTA bus stops located within a block of the restaurant In addition, the Greensboro Depot, a hub for Greyhound and GTA, is located within a 10 minute walk from the restaurant.
Description: Restauranteur John Drees (Southern Lights Bistro, 1618 West Seafood and Grill), has teamed up with Nico Scavone to bring Greensboro Nico's Restaurant and Bar. Nico Scavone is a native of Sicily with extensive experience from some of Europe's most exquisite restaurants and hotels. The executive chefs Sam Shumaker and Dallas Baker, have combined their extensive experience in the culinary arts, Nico's authentic family recipes, fresh local ingredients, hand made cheeses, breads, pasta, and more to create contemporary southern Italian dishes, eclectic fusion and sumptuous desserts. To compliment its innovative cuisine, Nico's will offer a wine list featuring rare Italian vintages and other sought after selections from around the world — all delivered in an elegant yet lively atmosphere with a level of service that one would expect from a fine European restaurant.
Oslo, Norway
“Nico has closed according to their website Aug 2014”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

• Visited August 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“husbands 50th birthday celebration!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant after making reservations which should have included a nice intimate booth near entertainment. We were seated at a table instead of a booth and advised that the Friday evening Jazz was cancelled the day prior. After 15 minutes our waiter came for drink orders and was advised they did not serve Cognac or vodka we wanted At this point frustrated and hungry we looked over menu and was about to order but a different waiter appeared after 15 more minutes. The service was poor at best! We decided to leave and go somewhere else. Best decision ever. Sorry Nico! thumbs down we will NEVER come there again. I will be sure to spread the word also. You Suck!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Enjoylife102
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The food was very good but the service was incompetent”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our evening started by having to wait at least 10 minutes for staff to come to our table. There were only 3 tables seated and there were 5 waiters hanging out. After placing our drink orders, it took another 10 minutes for them to arrive. Our waiter got my friends order wrong so she had to sit there while my food got cold. The owner came over to apologize and offered free dessert but only one. However, I had the pork dish and it was delicious. If this establishment gets it service act together, I would have rated it much higher. Nico... train your staff!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FredSanfordus
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Location for Authentic Italian”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family held my graduation party at Nico's as a private event. The food was EXCELLENT!!! People are still complimenting me on it. Nico's was very accommodating and even allowed us to bring in an outside cake the day prior and store it for us. The party was set up as a buffet with various appetizers, salad and several main course offerings including two types of pasta and chicken wings. All of the servers were very attentive clearing away dirty plates and refilling drinks. The owner Nico even served guests from the buffet! This was my second visit to Nico's (I had to check out the food before the party) and I must say I have been impressed with the food both times! I must thank Nico's for a excellent service and memorable graduation party.

If you are looking for great authentic Italian in Greensboro, I would highly recommend Nico's for lunch, dinner or a private party!

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Thanks for lovely event”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had graduation party at Nico's as a private event. Everything was excellent. From my first call to restaurant to inquire about event to our departure, service was top notch. Nico was very nice and helpful during process from menu planning to serving food during event. We had a buffet for 50 people with options from salad to pasta. All the guests loved and raved over every dish. All the dishes were tasty and plentiful. The staff was great - nice and speedy. We brought in cake from outside bakery and they stored in overnight for us so we didn't have to rush around on graduation day. At the end, they asked what leftovers we wanted to take home and boxed it up for us. I definitely recommend checking them out for lunch or dinner or for a private event.

Visited May 2013