“Overpriced”

Nico's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W. Friendly Ave.
Transit: GTA bus stops located within a block of the restaurant In addition, the Greensboro Depot, a hub for Greyhound and GTA, is located within a 10 minute walk from the restaurant.
Description: Restauranteur John Drees (Southern Lights Bistro, 1618 West Seafood and Grill), has teamed up with Nico Scavone to bring Greensboro Nico's Restaurant and Bar. Nico Scavone is a native of Sicily with extensive experience from some of Europe's most exquisite restaurants and hotels. The executive chefs Sam Shumaker and Dallas Baker, have combined their extensive experience in the culinary arts, Nico's authentic family recipes, fresh local ingredients, hand made cheeses, breads, pasta, and more to create contemporary southern Italian dishes, eclectic fusion and sumptuous desserts. To compliment its innovative cuisine, Nico's will offer a wine list featuring rare Italian vintages and other sought after selections from around the world — all delivered in an elegant yet lively atmosphere with a level of service that one would expect from a fine European restaurant.
Myrtle Beach
“Overpriced”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The pasta was really good but overpriced for what you got. ( no salad) We ordered the house wine and it was way over priced. Buy a bottle.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank panzer03

Lac Le Jeune, BC
“Authentic Italian Food in Greensboro”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I dined with our daughter and several friends at Nico's during a recent visit to Greensboro. The service was excellent and prompt and the atmosphere allowed a perfect opportunity for visiting and catching up with friends. With nine of us at the table, a variety of entrées was ordered and they were all well-prepared using fresh ingredients. Several reviewers have commented on the small portion size, but we found that was not the case at all. Several of us topped off the meal with gelato (several flavors were offered), an excellent dessert choice. Nico's is a must if you visit Greensboro! Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Taste of Italy on Tuesday”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had just returned from Rome and were looking for a good local Italian restaurant, and we found it. Nico' s has a special tuesday night meal that includes wine with each course. We had a great meal and I ate food I usually would not have tried for an excellent price. Th pasta is made in house as well as the tiramisu and limoncello. Nico visits our table frequently to see if we were enjoying our meal.
It was a lovely evening with great service.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LBPeronto
Fletcher, North Carolina, United States
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wonderful food and atmosphere! This was a work dinner. We shared several different appetizers all amazing! I had asparagus soup and it was magical. I also had a chicken dish with polenta and stuffed squash, to say it was amazing is simply not doing it justice. Follwed with desert, but there was no room. The fruit on the cannoli plate was put of this world. Just had a bite of the cannoli and I am sure it would have been fab too. There was no room in the inn though.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Kristen N
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Inconsistent Food Quality”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've been to this restaurant eight or nine times for lunch. The unfortunate thing I've noticed is the food quality is inconsistent. Today, I ordered the risotto with shrimp and mussels which includes a side salad. I could not finish my salad because the lettuce was too bitter. The salad dressing was the consistency of mayonaise. When I got my entree, the risotto was more soupy than creamy. The description of the dish indicated there was orange zest. Due to the amount of orange zest added to the dish, I could not eat it as the risotto was overpowered by the bitterness of the zest. I was surprised that the server didn't bother asking if the meal was OK but instead asked if I wanted a box. I have gotten other dishes from this restaurant as well. I've noticed the past few times that the sauces have been too salty or the pasta is too thick and ends up being chewy instead of al dente.

• Visited August 2012