“Everything about this place is amazing”

Josephine's Kitchen Catering
Ranked #188 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Catering for your meetings, parties, or weddings! We are not confined to our menu, please contact us and we can personalize your event menu to your liking!
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Everything about this place is amazing”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We've been there several times and never disappointed. From the outside you'd never know what's hidden inside. Parking is a bit tricky but doable. Once inside you're blown away by the atmosphere. There is a bar and table seating close by. We were seated quickly, if I remember right, I had NC Shrimp and Blue Crab Fondue, Lesley had crispy cornmeal oysters. Our entrees were grilled NC Salmon and NC Tuna. The food was awesome, our wine was kept "up to date" by the server. Oh, they have an excellent selection of wines. Be sure to check out their specials when you go in. They're not shown on their website but are great too! The wait staff is experienced, usually been there 5 years or more, and definitely know the product.
Bon Appetite!

• Visited September 2013

North Carolina
“It's all good!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great flavors in everything we ordered: fig/ham flatbread apps, and swordfish, and flank steak entrees. Really appreciate having several small plate options and don't see it on many menus. We picked the perfect place to celebrate my father's 88th birthday!

• Visited November 2013
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Everything about this place is amazing. Food, atmosphere, staff...I have absolutely no complaints. I went with a group of 6 and they kept us happy the entire time. We started out with the mussels and fried green tomato appetizer and since they were so delicious we decided to get another order before out entrees. They had no problem with this and the waitress held off on entering out entree order until we were ready. We had a few bottles of excellent wine that were poured for us as needed. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2013
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
“Good things come in small packages”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

To be honest, we ended up here b/c another restaurant (and not even our favorite), had no reservation times. My husband saw Josephine's and told me we should try it. HE WAS SO RIGHT! Where to begin?
We've been in GSO only a few years, so this area was unfamiliar and frankly upon arriving, looked a little questionable. Josephine's looks out of place with the "unique" shops and boutiques, so I guess you better know where your going, which is good. Secrets are good.
We were seated immediately even though we arrived early w/ our reservation. Melody was our server. She was incredibly attentive, friendly and on the quirky side. Just our style. We ordered the Crispy Cornmeal Oysters as appetizer . Absolutely delicious and not what we usually go for. My husbands entrée was the Triple cut lamb porterhouse. DIVINE and a big portion. I do not eat lamb, but I tried it and the taste was amazing. I ordered one of the specials, beef Bolognese. Usually you order an entrée w/ noodle or rice and your overwhelmed w/ the starch itself, not with this. So much more than noodle. Great mixture of vegetables and meat as well. We also ordered drinks and I believe I had the strongest Cosmo I've ever had in a NC restaurant. A truly enjoyable experience and they exceeded our expectations in every way. Cozy and quaint, not loud and "see me see me". We have a new favorite restaurant now. Definitely a do over.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank gingerflowers
Madison, North Carolina, United States
“Always unique!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My daughter and I frequently come to Josephine's to experience new and different dishes. Although my southern pallet has become more traditional through the years, she definitely enjoys the unique blends of seasonings and pairings Josephines has to offer on their cycling menu. After reading the description of the menu choice, I've found the kitchen is always willing to substitute items or leave ingredients out of a dish when they can that I know I will not enjoy. Last night I had some of the freshest, most delicious scallops I've had in the area in years. Simply superb.....but the side dish was almost overpowering for the subtly of the scallops.

Mussels are always a favorite at Josephines! Last night was no exception. The table next to us (if you want a very private conversation, you may want to try another restaurant as seating is very close to others) enjoyed four orders of mussels and sopped up every dribble of liquid! They smelled divine!

Desserts will never disappoint at Josephines....the creme brulle is always delicious and they should keep the peach bread pudding on the menu always!

I find Josephines a bit pricey for some items ($56 for a ribeye) but many dishes can be prepared as "small dishes" for considerably less.

• Visited October 2013