“Good things come in small packages”
Review of Josephine's Kitchen Catering - CLOSED

Josephine's Kitchen Catering
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Catering for your meetings, parties, or weddings! We are not confined to our menu, please contact us and we can personalize your event menu to your liking!
Reviewed November 9, 2013

To be honest, we ended up here b/c another restaurant (and not even our favorite), had no reservation times. My husband saw Josephine's and told me we should try it. HE WAS SO RIGHT! Where to begin?
We've been in GSO only a few years, so this area was unfamiliar and frankly upon arriving, looked a little questionable. Josephine's looks out of place with the "unique" shops and boutiques, so I guess you better know where your going, which is good. Secrets are good.
We were seated immediately even though we arrived early w/ our reservation. Melody was our server. She was incredibly attentive, friendly and on the quirky side. Just our style. We ordered the Crispy Cornmeal Oysters as appetizer . Absolutely delicious and not what we usually go for. My husbands entrée was the Triple cut lamb porterhouse. DIVINE and a big portion. I do not eat lamb, but I tried it and the taste was amazing. I ordered one of the specials, beef Bolognese. Usually you order an entrée w/ noodle or rice and your overwhelmed w/ the starch itself, not with this. So much more than noodle. Great mixture of vegetables and meat as well. We also ordered drinks and I believe I had the strongest Cosmo I've ever had in a NC restaurant. A truly enjoyable experience and they exceeded our expectations in every way. Cozy and quaint, not loud and "see me see me". We have a new favorite restaurant now. Definitely a do over.

1  Thank gingerflowers

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My daughter and I frequently come to Josephine's to experience new and different dishes. Although my southern pallet has become more traditional through the years, she definitely enjoys the unique blends of seasonings and pairings Josephines has to offer on their cycling menu. After reading the description of the menu choice, I've found the kitchen is always willing to substitute items or leave ingredients out of a dish when they can that I know I will not enjoy. Last night I had some of the freshest, most delicious scallops I've had in the area in years. Simply superb.....but the side dish was almost overpowering for the subtly of the scallops.

Mussels are always a favorite at Josephines! Last night was no exception. The table next to us (if you want a very private conversation, you may want to try another restaurant as seating is very close to others) enjoyed four orders of mussels and sopped up every dribble of liquid! They smelled divine!

Desserts will never disappoint at Josephines....the creme brulle is always delicious and they should keep the peach bread pudding on the menu always!

I find Josephines a bit pricey for some items ($56 for a ribeye) but many dishes can be prepared as "small dishes" for considerably less.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love Josephines. I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed in the food.
My only complaint is that sometimes the service is not great. The wine list is also pretty limited, but what they have is good, although pretty pricey.
I love that they have small portions of some of the entrees, and wish they had more of these.
I also wish they had mini desserts, but who needs dessert anyway?
They always have specials which are always good, but they do run out of these quite often.
I love the comfortable atmosphere and the creative food and will continue to come often.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were passing thru Greensboro, visiting with friends. Our friend suggested this restaurant. Two of us had the crab cakes and one had the Salmon... they were all great. Our waitress was so attentive and we were never in want of anything. It was a little pricey but good value.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I consider myself a Foodie and, unfortunately, there are not very many restaurants in Greensboro, fit for a Foodie. But this is one! The inside decor is comfortable grays and blacks with banquettes and outside there is a little space, short on atmosphere, but nice nonetheless. But you come for the food, and it is outstanding. They are known for their Flatbread appetizers, which change daily according to the season, and are outstanding. We had small plates for our mains, and they were quite sufficient. The seafood (scallops, tuna, crab crakes) were all prepared perfectly, and came with interesting accents. Desserts were very good too. We've eaten here a number of times and have always had excellent service. The wine list is not too extensive, but we had a nice wine each time we came. I think it is funny that the owners of the restaurant also own a sandwich shop, Lindley Park Filling Station, near UNCG, that is very popular. I would love to see the owners ramp up Lindley Park to offer unique and interesting sandwiches like the unique food they offer at Josephine's. My day would be complete!