“Perfect blend of friendly atmosphere & great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Josephine's Kitchen Catering - CLOSED

Josephine's Kitchen Catering
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: ONLY provides catering services
USA
“Perfect blend of friendly atmosphere & great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our meals at Josephine's have always been good, but a recent visit was outstanding - one of the most perfectly done pieces of fish I have ever eaten. Every thing we ordered was excellent. I really like the fact that the food is amazing but it's not a stuffy, snooty place. The wait staff is professional & attentive, AND down-to-earth. These people do great work.

• Visited December 2012

Loveland, Ohio
“Can't believe this gem is in Greensboro!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is the type of restaurant you would find in a southern city known for it's food like Charleston, Atlanta or Nashville. We were referred by a friend and when we pulled up and saw this little, non-descript bistro, I was preparing myself for non-descript food. The first thing that strikes you is the adorable, warm decor. Whoever did the design was brilliant. It's almost warehouse like in regards to its ceiling and exposed vents, however, that has been made to blend with it's warm colors and bistro feel.

Enough about decor, lets get down to food!!! First off, we had NO idea what to select on the menu as there were only two of us and we wanted about 4 of the specials, 3 of the appetizers and about 5 entrees (guess we have to go back about 7 more times to try it all!) Of course they feature farm-to-table, which if you are a decent restaurant you must do now. Through the waitresses' recommendation we had a wonderful bottle of wine. We started with the soup du jour (white bean) and for dinner shared Crab Cakes with sweet potato yuzu bernaise, tcelery root yukon mash and blackened green beans and the Crispy Buttermilk chicken with local ham, sweet potato 3 cheese orchetta, local greens and charred corn. The food was piping hot and the bread was superb. If we had not eaten so much for dinner, we would have ordered dessert (the flourless chocolate cake looked to die for!) but could not put one more thing in our mouths!

My brother-in-law owns a restaurant in Charleston, SC. I have to say, this food challenges his as to whose is better. If you live in Greensboro or are just visiting, you MUST go to Josephine's!

• Visited October 2012
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“New Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went to Josephines last night and thouroghly enjoyed ourselves. We had heard good things about it for over a year, and now I can see why.
Food was great (loved that you can get 1/2 portions of some of the entrees), the mussels were awesome and the wine selections is good.
I would recommend!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cashclay
“It gets better with each visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times and it keeps getting better and better.
The menu is creative with many offerings not found elsewhere. Good and friendly service makes this a real winner.

1 Thank Ourstate
Greensboro, North Carolina
“First Visit a Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I love locally-owned restaurants (there are so few in Greensboro). We had heard good things about Josephine's, so we took the trouble of driving to the opposite side of town to park in the teeny parking lot (take the smallest, most maneuverable car you can) and it was worth it.

We usually eat at the bar when it's just the two of us. Rebecca, our bartender, was so accommodating and pleasant. She made me a wonderful, generously poured gin martini. I was tempted by the glass containers of infused vodka that they prepare themselves, but vodka is not for me! Rebecca gave samples of wine in small sipping glasses so my husband could choose his wine ... nice touch.

We had the beet salad (loved it ... great blue cheese) and the grilled romaine caesar (a little too much anchovy for me, but very good house-made dressing, not at all like the usual caesar). For dinner, hubby enjoyed the seared scallops - tender, juicy, perfectly cooked - and I had the Wednesday night special of Heirloom Tomato Mussels. Wonderful, creamy-spicy sauce with tender mussels (every shell contained one, so they were not overcooked). The best part was the slabs of toasted bread for dipping in the sauce (I could have made another meal on the sauce alone!).

We will be back and bring friends particularly on a Wednesday night, when it's not crowded. I can see how the seating would not be conducive to conversation on a busy night. It's such a small place, which is part of its charm, but I wish it were closer to the Northwest side of town!!! Great job!

• Visited August 2012