“Pricey”

Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Might have been a bad day for the food or a late lunch, but the rice was dry and crunchy, I had never eaten in this kind of buffet, nothing was explained about how it worked, I was told to grab a seat and a few minutes later a busboy came over and asked me what I wanted to drink. I had to ask somone what to do , I was told buffet was by the pound, no one said you could pay a set price, nothing on tables or menus to explain. Put a few small items on my plate one plantain, a spoon of rice one small slice of pork and one small slice of very tough beef and a two spoons of squash and the price was 10.00 without drink.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tammy P

Virginia
“Lots of Scrumptious Selections!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am not a fan of buffets at all but I have enjoyed dinner at Monesi's many times. Although they have a large selection of tasty choices, I tend to stick with my favs including the plantains, polenta, brazilian collards, and their fish selection which comes with a sauce. I was disappointed that they did not have the calamari salad on the salad bar. I love that dish. I suggest paying by weight rather than the "all you can eat" option. One can be fulfilled at half the cost. They have very reasonably priced wines, as well. My final suggestion is to go early in the evening when the buffet display is at its best. I don't like it when they mix freshly prepared dishes with what has been sitting for an undetermined amount of time. Monesi's has a beautiful selection of delectable cakes, cupcakes and other pastries with which to end the meal or take away. The flavors of this cuisine and this restaurant are ones to try.

• Visited October 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were told about this bc I am Hispanic & she thought I'd enjoy it. Not the case. It's pretty pricey & the food was not good. The steak & pork was tough & fatty. There only 2 really good items. Chicken & a beef dish. Other than that we just were not impressed. It's a ok place but the food is only ok. I will not go back. We were told while there by a customer that the desserts were delicious and even though they looked good we weren't about to pay more money for them. If you want to try something new go but don't say I didn't warn you.

• Visited September 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
“Another Bite of Brazilian Soul Food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited Monesi some months ago, shortly after their move to the present location. It was good then, and it is good now. They have a diverse selection of Brazilian favorites on buffet. One can go all you can eat, or pay by weight. Its a bit different, but very affordable. I use the pay by weight option, and even with a second trip, don't come up to the price of all you can eat! That's gotta be for massive hunger. Monesi has a nice selection of wines and Brazilian beers. They offer a selection of desserts, including a very tasty flan.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lawrence B
Greensboro, North Carolina
“What a great buffe and surprisingly affordable”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for lunch and dinner.
Great salad buffe, the hot dishes always include a good choice of chicken, fish, pork and beef, Brazilian specialties and pasta.
With dinner we ordered a Spanish wine "Evohé" made with 100% Grenache, we had at a nice restaurant in Spain recently, very tasty and at this restaurant also very affordable. Hard to find in the stores.
The service is attentive and friendly.

Visited July 2013