“A great B&B full of heart” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dailey Renewal Retreat

Dailey Renewal Retreat
Ranked #3 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A great B&B full of heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was so glad to find this B+B on my first trip to Greensboro - a beautiful and REAL house in a nice neighborhood with a hostess who really took care of the details. The room was bright and fresh and the furnishings were super comfortable. The house felt like it had a big heart and that there was life to it. Jean was very accommodating with my unexpected late arrival, and she prepared delicious simple organic breakfasts which were just perfect. I'm a vegetarian and it was lovely for once not having to justify or explain myself! I loved the rich conversations and I felt very welcome and looked after. I didn't have a car, but it was easy to walk to eat nearby, and a short pleasant bus ride into town. Jean is a caring, gentle and thoughtful person and it was lovely to share time with her.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

With a busy business schedule, we arrived late at night and left early in the morning. Jean was kind to leave the key for us, and our rooms were comfortable and homey. When we did get to meet her the next day, she graciously cooked us a wonderful breakfast and treated us like long time friends. The house is on a quite street and yet easy access to the highways. I would definitely recommend this B&B and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: The downstairs room is quite large with its own private entrance bath.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Leedra Y
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

i found this on-line. the owner "forgot" what our reservation was when we arrived and had to scramble for different rooms. we shared a tiny hallway bath. after the second night, i asked about a bigger more comfortable room with a private bath (thinking they were pricier) and i was told "they are all the same price!" why did you stuff us into the tiny room when the other ones were empty?

the neighbors next door had the music blasting until midnight...not the owners fault; however, maybe this location isn't that great after all. Nice walking distance to shops though. the breakfast had the same tired sausage 2 days in a row (food enough for a bird) the owner alongside eating a big bowl of fresh berries...none for the guests of course...on the third morning we elected to have a decent breakfast somewhere else. rates were not a value compared to other B&B's. would never stay here again... NO upgrades of convenience... 1 or 2 outlets per room with extension cords everywhere... get the electrical upgraded! bathrooms small and outdated. I like quaint, but this doesn't come close to other B&B's I've stayed in where the facilities were upgraded and guests are welcomed with a glass of port or a cup of tea upon arrival. do not recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
daileyrenewalretreat, Owner at Dailey Renewal Retreat, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Lindley Park neighborhood is a quiet, safe neighborhood. The City has a strictly enforced ordinance forbidding noise after 11 PM in a residential neighborhood vs. a commercial neighborhood.

This Guest reserved the Lindley Park room with Queen bed she was meeting a friend, they were staying 3 nights, we don't have rooms with single beds only rooms with sofa beds which aren't suitable for adult comfort for more than one night. Her sister was to arrive the last evening,the Guest reserved another room .

On arrival, the Guest declared: I am not a Lesbian my friend and I cannot sleep in a Queen bed. Though the reservation had been made for several months and I repeatedly had reviewed it because the house was full that weekend I allowed her to select the room of her choice for herself and her friend, complementary. When her sister arrived I upgraded them to our largest bath.
By my calculations this Guest paid half the regular rate for her stay.

The breakfast she ate (freshly prepared)was the exact same as the young man who came in 4th in US National field and track competition days before. I follow a physician prescribed diet.

Greensboro is a small community, the Guest financially mislead other business entrepreneurs as well during her 3 day stay.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Jean Dailey is a "Mother-to-the-World"! I've never been in such a true Southern, "down home" type setting, where I was totally comfortable & relaxed. She's quite the host! She made me feel as if I'd known her for years, yet I had just met her the first time I stayed there. She is the most precious host in the world!!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Elizabeth C
Clearwater
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband & I always stay here whenever we are in town. Excellent location, quiet neighborhood setting and we are always made to feel welcome & appreciated. We have found Jean to be very accommodating and flexible. The furnishings are quite adequate and a true "home feeling", as opposed to the noise and commercial feel of a hotel/motel. Offstreet parking is available. We have been guests of this B & B probably 4 times and it is consistently pleasant and relaxing.

Room Tip: The rooms are bright & cheerful. While we have never stayed in an upstairs room, the ones downs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying here, looking forward to the beautiful gardens and organic breakfast. I thought some other poor reviews seemed unfair, and that I could stay here and set the record straight. Unfortunately, I ended up in the camp with disappointed guests.

One previous reviewer complained about late breakfasts (August 27, 2012), and I was reassured that the owner stated that breakfast was served at 9:00. This could have worked for me, but just barely. However, upon arriving there was a note stating that breakfast would be at 9:30 - too late for me to eat and still reach the airport in time. Although there was a microwave and coffee maker adjacent to my room, there were no coffee cups, and when I departed at 9:10 (to go purchase coffee and breakfast, and hit the road), there was still no sign of Jean, or anyone else preparing breakfast or coffee. The house is beautiful, and I had hoped to see the gardens, however the doors were all closed, and it was not clear whether the closed doors led to guest's rooms or to public areas of the house. The room was clean but basic. The windows were not very clean, but then neither are mine at home. The bed was comfortable and the linens very nice, but upon waking up, the first thing I saw was an industrial drop-panel ceiling - neither relaxing nor spa-like. The bathroom was in the hallway. Not clear to me if it was shared or just for my room, and the shower was tiny -- for me neither restful nor retreat-like.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
daileyrenewalretreat, Owner at Dailey Renewal Retreat, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We regret to deny your request to return to our establishment on the basis of these behaviors:

(1) using Social Media to inflict harm by

a. standing on the bed in your Guest room to take an amateur photograph with an amateur camera of an air conditioning vent in dark light the appearance of which repudiates the NC Department of Health's 99 percent sanitation grade.

b. making it appear as if your disappointment over breakfast on the weekends being served later than during the week is the same complaint of a Guest who got breakfast to go at 7 AM.

c. appointing yourself "I had hoped to be able to settle the score" as the arbitter of this business' success.

(2) Not being able to communicate the concerns you had while here so they could be easily remedied.

Thank you for acknowledging the property is beautiful and comprehending why we are denying your request to return.

Jean Dailey
Owner
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We booked this B&B as a place to stay after a very busy weekend reunion. It is a charming home is a residential neighborhood. Jean met us at the door and I was immediately struck by her warmth and serene nature. In fact, the whole B&B radiated a calming, almost spa-like energy; exactly what I needed after two days of non-stop events. Our room was cozy, simply but tastefully decorated with a private bath. I've stayed at many B&B's and while I enjoy a calorie laden breakfast as much as the next gal, it was probably the last thing that I needed. So when I was presented with an all-organic offering - eggs, sausage, toast and fruit - well presented, not too much, but enough - I knew that we had picked the right place. Next time we are in the area, we will definitely be staying with Jean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple