“Tell me why I went there....”

Ghassan's Fresh Mediterranean Eats
Ranked #149 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yuk Texas Pete swimming in a Gyro? Nope who had this idea? This place has no idea what a Gyro is I guess . A piece of pre cooked chicken with a half a bottle of Texas Pete . What are you trying to sell the Texas Pete? The pictures do not show how bad the food really is.
Maybe just maybe they thought that if you drink enough the food would taste good?Terrible terrible now I know why do one was there?If with a college less than 1 mile away.. A terrible waste...This could be a good place,..

Reviewed July 2, 2012

i live in Turkey now, but i used to live in greensboro. for this reason i can honestly say that ghassan's is not authentic Mediterranean food. that is not to say its not a pretty decent bite to eat, just that it sells itself on a dishonest notion of being ethnic food.

1  Thank Louis H
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My son and I tried their signature dish: the steak and cheese platter. We both agreed it was very good. The fries were average. Portions were satisfactory.

As a gyro lover who lived in Greece for 2 years, I also wanted to give the gyro a try, so we ordered the gyro salad. What we got was a big pile of iceberg lettuce, a small portion of gyro meat (beef & lamb), a few cucumber slices and a hint of feta and tomato. Oil and vinegar -based sauce on the side was good, otherwise the salad was disappointing and not all Greek.

Gyro is typically accompanied by tadziki (cucumber sauce) but I had to ask for it. I now regret my request - the tadziki was not at all fresh. I didn't realize until later that I was charged extra for this.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great food, convenient locations, and locally owned. It's a can't miss choice.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I went to the Battleground Avenue Ghassan's for lunch and were very impressed with the steak & cheese sandwich. My only regret is that I got the 6" instead of the 8" - the 6" is a bit small. The gyro sandwich was good but we prefer Mythos Grill which is just down the street and has a better Greek salad and tzatziki sauce. Ambiance leaves a bit to be desired - they had a 101.5 sanitation grade but my husband didn't like the strong disinfectant smell - the dining area was dated and not the cleanest (despite the fact that we were the first lunch customers of the day) but for a delicious steak & cheese, there isn't a better one in Greensboro.