“Good, not great; 4 stars a stretch”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ghassan's Restaurant
Ranked #225 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good, not great; 4 stars a stretch”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My son and I tried their signature dish: the steak and cheese platter. We both agreed it was very good. The fries were average. Portions were satisfactory.

As a gyro lover who lived in Greece for 2 years, I also wanted to give the gyro a try, so we ordered the gyro salad. What we got was a big pile of iceberg lettuce, a small portion of gyro meat (beef & lamb), a few cucumber slices and a hint of feta and tomato. Oil and vinegar -based sauce on the side was good, otherwise the salad was disappointing and not all Greek.

Gyro is typically accompanied by tadziki (cucumber sauce) but I had to ask for it. I now regret my request - the tadziki was not at all fresh. I didn't realize until later that I was charged extra for this.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great place, locally owned.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great food, convenient locations, and locally owned. It's a can't miss choice.

Visited October 2011
Greensboro NC
“GREAT Steak & Cheese”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I went to the Battleground Avenue Ghassan's for lunch and were very impressed with the steak & cheese sandwich. My only regret is that I got the 6" instead of the 8" - the 6" is a bit small. The gyro sandwich was good but we prefer Mythos Grill which is just down the street and has a better Greek salad and tzatziki sauce. Ambiance leaves a bit to be desired - they had a 101.5 sanitation grade but my husband didn't like the strong disinfectant smell - the dining area was dated and not the cleanest (despite the fact that we were the first lunch customers of the day) but for a delicious steak & cheese, there isn't a better one in Greensboro.

• Visited January 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Decent and quick place to eat”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Ghassan's has been a part of Greensboro for many years. In those years I have eaten here many times. Although I don't think their sandwiches are the absolute best in Greensboro they are very good and the fastest in the triad for a hot sandwich.

They do have vegetarian options which makes this a place I'll go to in a heart beat. The prices are reasonable and based on the crowds at lunch this place is popular.

Visited November 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Gyro”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Went for lunch on a weekend. The food was good. Order a gyro platter which consisted of a lamb and beef gyro, fries and salad with feta. The salad dressing was excellent. The lettuce was chopped fine so you have to scoop more than stab, but tastes great. The fries were nice and crispy (not hard though). The gyro itself was good. The cucumber sauce topping was good (maybe too much of it which makes it a little messy). Good amount of food for the price. Didn't leave much on the plate. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited September 2011