“Superb Italian Meal!”
Review of Positano

Positano
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Target Shopping Center
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Superb Italian Meal!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Don't let the location of this little gem deter you from savoring their wonderful italian dishes! This is probably the best Italian food I have ever eaten - the gnocci were light and flavorful and the gorgonzola sauce delicious. The wait staff was very friendly without being overbearing. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience we all had! In fact, it felt more like you were sitting in your best friend's kitchen rather than a restaurant! If you love Italian food and happen to be in Greensboro, take the time to enjoy Positano!

• Visited July 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delicious Italian”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant is in a strip mall along with Target, PetSmart, and Harris Teeter...but please don't let that deter you from stopping in and having some of the best Italian food Greensboro has to offer.
I went with my family for Mother's Day, we were a party of nine. We made sure to have a reservation ahead of time (through OpenTable) and were pleasantly surprised when we walked in and found a tastefully appointed dining room and a very friendly and attentive waitstaff.
Now on to the food. It was delicious. I think short and sweet sums it up. The menu is full of variety and anyone can find something. As a vegetarian I didn't have any issues finding food suitable to my diet.
I can't wait till my next visit and I completely would recommend this to anyone (friends, family, co-workers, or strangers).
If you are looking for a great place that you can have a nice date or take your family this is it.

• Visited May 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Staff Remembers Me”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Since it's close to my workplace, Positano is easy to dash into for a meal to go, and the restaurant is a lovely place to meet for a nice meal after work. My husband and I are both fans of the Chicken Picatta, and they make it gluten-free for me with gluten-free pasta, and leave off the Parmesan cheese from the spaghetti side for my lactose free husband. I dropped in a couple of times over the last month or so for our meal to go, and the bartender on duty remembered me from before, a pleasant surprise. Centrally located in Greensboro, it's a great date-night restaurant for a romantic meal, then close to shopping and movie theatres. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown, the baseball stadium, and several national and city parks. The food is consistently delicious, the staff courteous and friendly, the restaurant beautiful and comfortable. Go dressy or casual, but go hungry; the portions are generous. One of our favorites!

• Visited April 2013
“Worth the trip from Durham”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

In Greensboro for a show and found Positano courtesy of Opentable. Service and food were both very good. Large portions resulted in 2 to go boxes. The calamari was hot and crispy. Hubby had the pasta carbonara. A salty, creamy indulgence. I had the pizza margarita. Being a native New Yorker I am picky about my pizza and this was very good pizza. If we lived in Greensboro, we would be frequent visitors to Positano's.

Visited April 2013
Oz
“Authentic Italian Cuisine in NC”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Full Disclosure: As an Italian-American who grew up in NYC and whose grandfather owned a restaurant in Boston's famed North End, I tend to be a harsh critic of Italian restaurants. Many Italian restaurants in the south have a special affliction developed from trying to please the locals; this often results in sweet but overly-spiced sauces, unadventurous entrees and bread that could best be described as Crustless Wonders.
Then there's Positano. While the restaurant is happy to serve up the usual crowd-pleasing dishes from Veal Parmigiana to Spaghetti and Meatballs to Pizza, the best cuisine would be the dishes featuring the more authentic southern Italian fare. The owner is a native of Positano, a beautiful seaside town south of Naples. So, it's not surprising that his restaurant features a number of excellent seafood dishes served fresh and with a variety of sauces.
There are more than a dozen different sauces on the menu to adorn a variety of meat and fish plates, and your pasta (as a side or main course) is not limited to simply ziti or spaghetti. In addition to the above, linguine, capellini, fettuccini, rigatoni, and a half-dozen ravioli options await.
Bracket your meal with a choice from a dozen appetizers and some of the best deserts in the Triad, a reasonably-priced wine list and excellent, knowledgeable waitstaff, and you're in for a treat.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Scafeets

Been to Positano? Share your experiences!