“Staff Remembers Me”
Review of Positano

Positano
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 887 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Target Shopping Center
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Staff Remembers Me”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Since it's close to my workplace, Positano is easy to dash into for a meal to go, and the restaurant is a lovely place to meet for a nice meal after work. My husband and I are both fans of the Chicken Picatta, and they make it gluten-free for me with gluten-free pasta, and leave off the Parmesan cheese from the spaghetti side for my lactose free husband. I dropped in a couple of times over the last month or so for our meal to go, and the bartender on duty remembered me from before, a pleasant surprise. Centrally located in Greensboro, it's a great date-night restaurant for a romantic meal, then close to shopping and movie theatres. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown, the baseball stadium, and several national and city parks. The food is consistently delicious, the staff courteous and friendly, the restaurant beautiful and comfortable. Go dressy or casual, but go hungry; the portions are generous. One of our favorites!

• Visited April 2013

“Worth the trip from Durham”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

In Greensboro for a show and found Positano courtesy of Opentable. Service and food were both very good. Large portions resulted in 2 to go boxes. The calamari was hot and crispy. Hubby had the pasta carbonara. A salty, creamy indulgence. I had the pizza margarita. Being a native New Yorker I am picky about my pizza and this was very good pizza. If we lived in Greensboro, we would be frequent visitors to Positano's.

Visited April 2013
Oz
“Authentic Italian Cuisine in NC”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Full Disclosure: As an Italian-American who grew up in NYC and whose grandfather owned a restaurant in Boston's famed North End, I tend to be a harsh critic of Italian restaurants. Many Italian restaurants in the south have a special affliction developed from trying to please the locals; this often results in sweet but overly-spiced sauces, unadventurous entrees and bread that could best be described as Crustless Wonders.
Then there's Positano. While the restaurant is happy to serve up the usual crowd-pleasing dishes from Veal Parmigiana to Spaghetti and Meatballs to Pizza, the best cuisine would be the dishes featuring the more authentic southern Italian fare. The owner is a native of Positano, a beautiful seaside town south of Naples. So, it's not surprising that his restaurant features a number of excellent seafood dishes served fresh and with a variety of sauces.
There are more than a dozen different sauces on the menu to adorn a variety of meat and fish plates, and your pasta (as a side or main course) is not limited to simply ziti or spaghetti. In addition to the above, linguine, capellini, fettuccini, rigatoni, and a half-dozen ravioli options await.
Bracket your meal with a choice from a dozen appetizers and some of the best deserts in the Triad, a reasonably-priced wine list and excellent, knowledgeable waitstaff, and you're in for a treat.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Scafeets
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Italian Delight”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is just right, the atmosphere (in the booths, anyway) is romantic, and the staff acts like they're family - to each other and to you. I make sure to go here every year on my birthday, and my next-door neighbor does, too.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GogoGSO
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A real disappointment”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I had not dined at Positano in quite a while and decided to try it again. I ordered the smoked chicken ravioli and she had veal parmesan. My meal was delicious but my wife's was not. The veal was tough as shoe leather and she ended up not eating over half of it.

I realize that Positano could have had a bad night (although we arrived there before 5pm) or simply made a mistake. I also realize that we should have brought the matter to the attention of the manager much sooner than the waitperson's final check.

Regardless, it will likely be a few more years before we return.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Joe B

Been to Positano? Share your experiences!