“Dissapointing”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #179 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Anticipating a good breakfast can be disappointing as we learned yesterday. The server was cordial and friendly but the food was poor to say the least. Ordering my normal ham and egg omelet was so disappointing, first they brought the wrong omelet, then an omelet that was was neatly white filled with more raw onion than anything and the texture was awful and tasteless and minus the mushrooms that were ordered. My wife's pancakes must have been a child portion, so i shared my home fries. Bringing this to the server provided us with "two tasteless muffins" to bring home. This is our second poor experience in Greensboro Mimi's. We have had positive experiences on both the east and west coast but i cannot recommend the location. We will not return!
Daveg.

• Visited December 2013

Summerfield, North Carolina
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have eaten at Mimi's since it opened. The food is inconsistent as is the menu. They started out doing a New Orleans kind of menu with seasonal choices monthly. Then did away with the seasonal menu and now the latest menu has a French tone to it.
Although our food was good this time, our wait was not and we waited close to 25 minutes for our meal. Our soup came out with the meal and we were not served a salad or fries as indicated on the menu. Our wait never returned to check on our water, tea or how our meal was. We did have to track her down and return a meal to the kitchen since it arrived cold.

• Visited November 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A little on the loud side, but a nice brunch.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food was well prepared and tasty. Not an exceptional meal, but good and well presented. I enjoyed the Lyonnaise Benedict and would have it again. I tasted my companion's petite waffles with strawberries and cream...very much like strawberry shortcake! The atmosphere and decor were nice with a faux French look. Service was attentive and non-intrusive...much appreciated! I will try it again for dinner or lunch sometime. Overall, a good, but not exceptional meal.

• Visited November 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Soooo Disappointed in Mimi's Cafe”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were so looking forward to this meal at Mimi's because we had enjoyed meals there in the past. However; on Labor Day 2013 dinner was ultra disappointing. It was not only that our 2 meals (both Mahi, green beans, & baby baked potatoes) were not good, with exception of the beans, the staff could seemingly not have cared less. Even the lady in the blue shirt who appeared to be the manager, after I expressed disappointment about the dry, bland tasting Mahi fish and dry baby baked potatoes, with even the usually good bread being dry, listened then practically ignored the comment. The only apology was a non-genuine one from our waitress, & if the manager gave one, when she stopped by our table to ask how the meal was, we did not hear it. She stopped a moment, then walked away, nonchalantly, as if she didn't hear our disappointment.Didn't see her or any staff again. Not even a parting good-by as we walked out. There was no concern. Such a disappointment from the staff of a restaurant that we've formerly enjoyed. We'd had a better fish dinner going to McDonald's for one of their moist cod sandwiches and saved significant money. Eating at Mimi's this particular evening was a waste of money, although the "cool", as in non-caring staff, offset the warmth outside.

• Visited September 2013
North Carolina
“Meh...”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had dinner with a friend last night at Mimi's. Good stuff first: Our server, Elizabeth, was great..she was attentive without being overbearing and was very friendly. Unfortunately, she was the highIight of the visit. I ordered a Pomegranate Magarita...didn't love it, but it wasn't awful either. For dinner my friend ordered the Asian salad and it looked fresh and she liked it fine. I always wonder how hard it is to mess up a salad, but I guess some places do. I ordered the top sirloin steak with au gratin potatoes and sautéed mushrooms. I ordered the steak medium and while the flavor was pretty good, it was definitely overcooked and pretty dry. I did NOT send it back because it was not so far gone that I couldn't eat it. I should know better than to order a steak in a place like this, but that was my fault. The au gratin's were interesting. They tasted EXACTLY like the Betty Crocker boxed potatoes that I used to eat 20 years ago. They weren't unpleasant, but I don't think there's any way that they are making these from scratch. The mushrooms were fine, nothing to write home about. My friend and I were talking quite a bit and I still had a fair amount of food on my plate when suddenly, some man came by and just grabbed my plate up! I told him to hold on, I was still picking at it! He may have been the manager as he was dressed differently than the other's but I'm not sure. He apologized, but I think it should be SOP to always ask before grabbing a plate from someone! Now, the one really great thing here is that they do make delicious muffins! If you sign up for their e-club either online or there in the restaurant, they will GIVE you 4 free muffins on your first visit! Now, these are not mini muffins, these are huge bakery muffins and they are FREE! So, while I don't love this place, I don't hate it either, but I think I probably would recommend breakfast over dinner. I'm sure I'll visit again, but it's not at the top of my list.

• Visited August 2013