“Disappointing Second Visit”

Iron Hen Cafe
Ranked #19 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are an owner-operated coffee shop, cafe, and catering company, with an award-winning chef. We serve organic, fair trade coffee; local, seasonal, and sustainable food daily. It is our mission to connect the food we serve to the farm it came from and to the people at our tables. We favor organic and North Carolina grown, but make concessions in both areas in order to highlight other farmers and producers with time-honored methods and very good products. We pride ourselves in being responsible both locally and globally, by recycling, reducing waste, and insuring all disposable products are eco-sound. We look forward to exchange between chef/staff and community in order to grow, and to meet the needs of those we serve.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013 we were the first 2 people to enter the restaurant at 8 am. We placed our breakfast order and slowly more people arrived. The food was delicious but our service was poor. I had ordered a side of bacon: It arrived AFTER I finished my breakfast and AFTER I wound up asking three different people. Another waitress (not our own) finally brought me bacon (thank you to her). My bacon was so greasy it was dripping and shiny! I saw other patrons being served non-shiny bacon with their breakfast but for some reason our waitress just wouldn't bring me mine. She never asked how our meal was either. When I asked her about the whereabouts of my bacon it was after I waved her over as she just stayed away from us. I was not a happy camper despite the rest of the breakfast tasting great. We adjusted our tip accordingly and won't be hurrying back any time soon.

Iron_Hen_Cafe, Manager at Iron Hen Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

thank you very much for this feedback. i would like to apologize for this disappointment. you got the very worst of us on your visit. i will share your comments with our staff and we will do better. we would love to see you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went back to this place for lunch today, but couldn’t get a table as all were already taken.
suppliers, which made the food fresh fresh fresh. This is the best way I can have a fresh and healthy meal as well as help local economy.

What’s more, the food itself was incredibly delicious! Normally foods at restaurants are too salty and over seasoned, so they make me seek glasses of water or sometimes even feel stomach. The food at the Ironhen cafe was seasoned just as much as I cook at home, so I felt like I ate a meal my mom made with love.

Also what I loved was that they maximize fresh and healthy menus by minimizing decorations. However the cook has an amazing talent to make foods look still so tempting!

I was so proud of myself that I know this place!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beer is local. Half price wine on Wednesdays. The mushroom/veggie sandwich is my fav! Go lite on the cheese...

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took a group of 14 teens and parents to the Cafe at lunchtime on a Tuesday. The restaurant is small and we had to sit outside but the staff made sure we were taken care of. The food was clearly fresh and local. You can taste the difference. Everyone loved their meal. My goat cheese salad was delicate, flavorful with just enough dressing. Get the grits!!! As a side dish, part of a main dish, or however you can. They are the best I've tasted.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I had breakfast here twice while visiting friends in Greensboro. Both meals-- butternut squash pancakes and soy marinated tofu scramble -- were delicious. The easy-going atmosphere and eat local focus added to the appeal. The service was a little sloppy. Everyone was friendly but could have used a a day or two at waiter boot camp. The food is worthwhile. Just go ready to be chill with service.