“Great sushi!”
Review of Imperial Koi

Imperial Koi
Reserve with OpenTable
Imperial Koi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Battleground Ave
Description: Imperial Koi offers a wide array of Asian-inspired dishes as well as uniquely crafted sushi bar items with an impressive panoramic window-side view of the area. Whether you're looking for a romantic dinner with your significant other, a night out with a group of friends, or to host a large party or business meeting, Imperial Koi is the ideal place for events of any kind!
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great sushi!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We always love coming here and eating sushi. The martini's are good and expensive and so is the sushi. We have never been disappointed in the food, drinks or service. Their prices are a bit steep, so we don't eat here as often as we would like. But we will be back probably for Mother's Day.

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always perfect!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here since they opened and have never been disappointed. Our favorites are flying fish and seasons roll. Sashimi martini and spicy yellowtail roll are also excellent.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Expensive”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This place is def. on the expensive side. I had two appetizers and a sushi combo and it was about $43.00. I supposed the food was good. I don't know if it is $43.00 worth of good though.

The restaurants looks nice. The hosts and servers were both very friendly and helpful. I ordered the duck spring roll, the Sashimi appetizers, and the Spicy Roll combo.

As the other reviewer said, the sauce for the duck spring roll was really strong. It almost seem like that's all you can taste. I do like how crispy it is, however, that is not hard to achieve. Now, the Sashimi appetizer was wonderful. Although I did wonder that how come they didn't give me any wasabi with it. I ate it with the sauce it was soaked in. It was very generous serving of the fishes and even though it didn't "melt" in my mouth but I did enjoy it very much. It was my favorite part of the dinner. There is nothing much to be say about the spicy roll combo. The 3 different rolls looks exactly the same and honestly, taste about the same. I couldn't tell the difference.

There were a few tables around me and they all ordered the Chinese entresses which I wished I did as they all looked very good. Overall, I probably would not come back again.

• Visited April 2013
Troutman, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had heard wonderful things about Imperial Koi and had high hopes to get some great sushi. Sadly it was mediocre at best. We started with the Koi Lettuce Wraps and Duck Spring Rolls. Overall both were good. I did find that the "special hoisin sauce" tasted more like a sweet ketchup than anything else. We moved on to order the Spicy Tuna Roll, the Angry Dragon Roll and the Dynamite Roll. I was not impressed at all. The tuna was minced so that it was more like a pate'. I can't say I've ever had a roll where the tuna was chopped up like that. It was bland and tasteless. The lobster salad in the Dynamite Roll tasted store-bought and was not very good. Even the wasabi was flavorless. For the prices they charged, I would expect better. The only good thing that evening was that the wine was half price and they had some great selections. Even with that wine special, I won't be going back any time soon.

• Visited November 2013
“Best around!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the best spot in greensboro for sushi.
Sunshine and volcano rolls were excellent! The atmosphere is very nice. It is located around back of the building.

• Visited August 2013