“Waited four months to charge our credit card”

Comfort Inn Greensboro
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed with Comfort Inn back in March 2012 with our lacrosse team but they did not charge our credit card till June. This was a huge incontinence as we are on a planned budget and because the charge was filed so late the money had to be taken out of the next years budget and we do not have the money to cover a hotel stay from LAST year in addition to the hotel stays we will need to make this year.

It is completely unacceptable for an establishment to wait four months before charging a credit card and completely insensitive to the needs of an athletic team who are on a planned budget. I would recommend finding a hotel with a more professional way of handling the business aspect of your stay if you are traveling with your team.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
comfort1103, General Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the mix up with your charges. Of course we would never intentionally be insesitive to the needs of people and groups that are on a budget. It appears the charges got held up in the processor and weren't discovered until June. Not that is helps the situation you guys are in but I wanted you to know that we always handle the financials here professionally. I wish I had know this sooner that I could have tried to help in some way. I hope you guys will choose us again should you return to Greensboro and I will personally take care of your team.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Greensboro

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, checking out yesterday. I have stayed with the Choice Hotel Network more than 30 times this year. This hotel is the second worst I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly and were the positive of my stay. My complaints are few but significant.
1. The a/c unit was loud and out-dated. It didn't run on a thermostat. It was 85 degrees in Greensboro, and I was on the 4th floor, so I had it on all day while I was gone to keep the room cool. The problem is that my clothes in the room ended up damp and the room didn't get that cool.
2. The bathroom didn't look clean and there were cracks in the tile and other things.
3. The vending machines only take quarters! I don't remember the last time I saw vending machines which didn't take bills. When I wanted a soda, the desk didn't have quarters.
4. The computers for patrons don't print. I wanted to print my boarding passes, but would have had to e-mail them from my personal account to the hotel for staff to print. Not only is that a hassle, but I don't like to give out my e-mail to people.
5. There was a constant smell on the fourth floor. I don't know what it was, and it wasn't necessarily bad, but it was overwhelming. Perhaps too much rug cleaner or something.
6. The internet didn't stay connected. I can't remember the last time I had such trouble with the internet. I would try to get e-mail and I'd get a message that "connection to the server failed". I also tried to watch some programs on HULU and it just kept freezing up so I couldn't watch a show.
7. The cable was good until Saturday night, when it went crazy for about an hour.
8. Not all floors have ice machines or vending machines. So, you have to sort of run around looking for them. My floor had soda machine but no ice machine. First floor had ice machine but no soda machine.

Not all was bad. Here are some positives:
1. Very friendly staff, even apologetic when didn't have coins for vending.
2. The workout room was very nice with a universal machine with weights in addition to usual cardio machines.
3. The breakfast was good, and they had Jimmy Dean sandwiches you could microwave in addition to regular eggs and stuff. No Biscuits and gravy, which is my favorite...

Overall the room worked for me, but it was not what I was used to from the Choice Network of hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Although I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, I am very greatful for your feedback so that we can improve the property. There are definitely some areas in your response that need to be addressed immediately. I hope that you will stay with us again so that you can see these improvements.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here one night during an extended work week. I called ahead to see if i would have room to park my rig, and the staff actually walked outside to check. I thought that was really nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nicely equipped, two double beds and a large flat screen. I thought the bathroom was a little small, but everything worked well with good water pressure in the shower. Really good breakfast with bacon and real eggs. This used to be a Best Western, i think, vut the management and staff here do a great job. Nothing bad to say.

Room Tip: 5th floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feeback!! It is the pleasure of the front desk staff to accomodate all the guests that stay with us and yes we do typically have parking for big rigs. There is at least one truck or bus here every night. Also, I am glad you enjoyed our new breakfast! We just switched to the "hot" breakfast recently and it has gone over quite nicely with the guests.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Recently spent a night here when we were supposed to be going to a concert at the Coliseum. The room was very large with a small sitting area, a partial wall divider, and a king-sized bed. There was also a microwave, mini-fridge, and "kitchen" sink. The bathroom was not huge, but larger than an average hotel room. Everything was clean and in working condition. Hotel staff were very friendly. For breakfast, they offered sausage, eggs, frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, pastries, and do-it-yourself waffles (both regular and blueberry). The hotel is in a good location surrounded by restaurants and other hotels. There is also an arcade/mini golf/go kart place nearby (which we discovered when our concert was canceled and we had to find something to do for the evening). Overall, very nice place and would stay again if we were going to be back in the area.

Room Tip: Just a little tip - we booked using Choice Privileges points and the "suite" room that we...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swacer

Thank you for using our hotel and especially for being a Choice Privileges member!! I am glad you were able to stay in one of our spacious suites and that it accomdated you nicely. We also definitely enjoy being surrounded by all the restaurants and entertainment here on Wendover Avenue. It's very benficial to families with children or sports teams that come to town. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel must stay pretty full as they only had double rooms available and a smoking room was out of the question for my 4 day stay.

My room is a decent sized double beds with an armoire to hang clothes and a nice entertainment center with drawers/fridge/micro and a nice flat screen telly sitting on top.
A decent hot breakfast in the morning.

The biggest letdown is the wifi here which is extremely slow,30-50Kb/s so you can forget about watching online tv shows/movies....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
comfort1103, General Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! It allowed me to have the wireless connection tested in which we found one of the access points was down. I assure you that we would not opperate a hotel with this many businesses around without having a faster wireless connection than what you experienced. I hope the rest of your experience will keep you coming back so you can experience 100% satisfaction.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for a college graduation in May. We would rank the hotel as a borderline 3 stars (between 2-3, mostly for cosmetic and facility issues). The accommodations were very comfortable, however, the room had some cosmetic issues with a damaged ceiling. The door locks worked only sporadically resulting in calls and trips to the main desk. Since we rented several rooms, we know it was not an anomaly. The area/hotel was safe, however. The breakfast, included in the room rate, was very good to excellent with many hot and cold selections. The staff was very pleasant. This hotel is very close to the highway, too, for easy on/off access. Only one refrigerator out of two rooms worked, and only one alarm clock worked.

Room Tip: If you're visiting a college, be sure to ask for the name of college's rate. We found it be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us though I apologize about the keys and fridge. We will continue to improve the property to ensure that 100% of the rooms are met with 100% satisfaction. This is the kind of feedback we need to move forward constructively. Thank you!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in town for business-ZERO complaints the staff was GREAT the room was perfect- The hotel seems to be very well maintained, the hotel had a very clean feeling. I usually have issues with hotel beds, but this bed was perfect! I will definitely be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments! The staff enjoyed having you guys here as much as it seems you enjoyed your stay. We are all looking forward to hosting your conference next year and I assure that nothing will have changed.