“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Southwest Virginia
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at this property while attending the 2012 NCAA Basketball Tournament at the Nearby Greensboro Coliseum. This was my second stay at this property and I was very happy to find that this stay was just enjoyable as my first stay in 2011. I once again chose this property because it is a short 5-minute drive from the Greensboro Coliseum. It is also very close to a large number of restaurants. Check in was quick and easy as I had made my reservation well in advance using the Choice Hotels website. The employees that I encountered, while not overlyfriendly, were professional and accommodating to my needs. The breakfast area was well attended throughout the advertised time. My room was clean and housekeeping worked around our schedule. I have found that when a city host a major event that many hotels increase their rates, this hotel maintain their very reasonable rate throughout the entire length of the NCAA Tournament. I am please that the ACC Men's Basketball Tournament returns to Greensboro for the 2013, 2014 and 2015, and if this hotel continues to maintain its high standards I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Kyle E, General Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, August 9, 2016
Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
north carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Traveling through Greensboro the other night i decided to stay at the comfort inn off the I-40 and what a great changeover to that hotel...i remember it as a best western but it has since gone through a makeover and name change and all i can say is awesome...i love new furniture, flat screen tv's nice breakfast area and really nice staff. they have meeting rooms if you are looking for them, plus the ez on and off the highway is very convenient. The other thing i liked about it is that the location is right near everything you can want from wal mart to many restaurants all within walking distance.
I definitely recommend this hotel if you are traveling through Greensboro!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mikemenumaxx
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

The hotel was located very close to numerous restaurants and shopping. The staff was very friendly and the hotel very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Morganton, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

This Comfort Inn is located just off I-40 at Wendover (same exit as Celebration Station if you have kids they will enjoy it). It is easily accessible and close to everything. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance and you can get a 10% discount at IHOP with a coupon found in the hotel lobby. Nice breakfast area. There were a lot of people staying there when we were there but it was never noisy. Rooms were clean and comfy. Excellent value for the dollar!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor very quiet- odd-numbered rooms face away from I-40 so we never heard any traffic
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

friendly staff, new looking gorgeous rooms with nice high def tv, comfortable beds, and clean working bathrooms. However, the pool was extremely small with no seating around it and the pool towel i was given was about the size of a hand towel so this hotel basically does not have a pool and the breakfast isnt great. but you stay at a hotel for the room and i thought it was great

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

My stay at this hotel was terrible. I have stayed here in times past but this was the worst experience I have ever had. Upon checking into my room, I noticed that I did not have enough towels for us, so I went to the front desk to ask for towels for my room. I was told that they, the hotel, were out of towels because they had a team staying there that required 6 persons to a room. Therefore to accomodate the team, they had to limit the other double rooms to 2 sets of towels instead of 4 sets as is standard. I had a 2 queenbed room with 3 persons. My friend that stayed there had 4 people in her room.But yet we did not have the amount of towels we should have had. What about our accommodations? How could a hotel run out of towels?
The next day, I returned to an uncleaned room. I noticed that someone sat a folded batch of towels in the bathroom, but did not clean the room at all. The beds were not made, The trash was not emptied. The bathroom was not cleaned. When I called the front desk, the person stated that housekeeping was not there.She was not very friendly. She offered more towels.I guess the team that needed accomodating had checked out since towels were now available. But towels was not what I needed. The next day, Again, my room was overlooked. We had to call twice to the front desk to request someone to clean the room. And when the cleaning lady came, she had the worst attitude.
My friend stayed here also, based on my recommendation. She had a 2 queen-beds room that did not have anywhere to hang their clothes. She had to use one of the luggage carts that are used to bring peoples' bags to their rooms. Very disappointing.
I dont know if Comfort Inn is under new management or has an employee shortage. But I do know that I was not pleased at all. Very, Very, Disappointing!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank gradrenee
We are saddened to hear that we really blew it on your stay. We hope we can have the chance to show you we are better than that. Please contact us directly so we can personally make your reservation for you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel was horrible. For the $100 a night it is so not worth it. Don't waste your time or money.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Muzicgurl11
comfort1103, General Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
I apologize for the problems you may have encountered at the Comfort Inn. If you don't mind, I would like to hear the specifics of your stay. At your earliest convenience, please email me at cbrowning@cnhotels.net with the details so I may review them with my staff and continue imprioving the property.

Thanks,