“A lot of great reviews for it to be average”
Review of Cafe Pasta

Cafe Pasta
Ranked #93 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Golden Gate
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After hearing a lot about this place from friends and reading great reviews of this place I went with four friends this past weekend. It’s a lot bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. The interior does not match the exterior. I’m split on the interior though. While it looks outdated with the 80s/90s Miami Vice vibe, I like it and think it works. It has multiple levels of seating which helps with privacy and noise control. There was a live acoustic guitar performance which added to the dining experience. The waiter suggested the Salsiccia entree as it was his favorite. We all ordered a different dish. I ordered the Herb Roasted Chicken Breast (with a side Caesar salad and green beans) while my party ordered the Salsiccia, Marsala, and Tortellini Alfredo. We sampled each other’s entrees and they were average at best. My Herb Roasted Chicken Breast consisted of two small breasts that looked like chicken nuggets and what appeared to be an entire can of green beans. One friend only took several bites of her Marsala and didn’t want to finish it. Lucky and thankfully the manager did not charge her for the meal. Another friend only ate half of his Tortellini and didn’t option to take the rest home. The Salsiccia had the most flavor out of the all the entrees but I’m not sure if that’s saying much.

I wanted to like this place a lot because of what I had heard and read. While we didn’t have a bad dining experience at Cafe Pasta it might be a while before we journey up to that side of town again.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Joined a friend for lunch. We were very rushed for time, and the manager responded directly, hastening our food from the kitchen. I had a lovely grilled vegetable wrap. I was astonished at the variety of expertly grilled fresh vegetables that were presented, along with a nicely balanced sauce. It was a delight! The atmosphere had a nice eclectic feel, with high ceilings and pretty hanging lights. I will return again! Thank you so much!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had not tried this restaurant in a few years. Went for a friends birthday last week and the food was delicious. I had salmon with grilled asparagus. The fish was cooked perfectly. A friend had spaghetti with bolognese sauce....also terrific. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had an event at Cafe Pasta and it was a good experience. Ray helped a lot with our party's needs and was easy to work with. We enjoyed the food and the upstairs banquet room has enough space for a decent size party. All of the guest's enjoyed their experience! Two thumbs up for Cafe Pasta!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Let's see:

Service--friendly, but uninformed and unpolished
Tuesday wine specials--house red was mediocre (and not Italian)
Food--not great...actually pretty poor
Atmosphere--dated, but upbeat and interesting. (The laminated menu was absurd though)

One *really* wants the quaint State Street retail area to do well, but this restaurant is hardly helping the cause.