“Good service - OK Food”

Cross street: Golden Gate
High Point, North Carolina
“Good service - OK Food”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We ate at Cafe Pasta last night for the third time. I keep going back because the reviews I have read were good. The service there is pretty good but the food is just average - especially for the price. I had pasta bolognese. I asked for it extra spicy but it was bland. My wife had chicken piccata. She said that the lemon in it was overwhelming. A positive about this restaurant is that they really try to accomodate requests. The pasta bolognese was listed as coming over spaghetti. I asked if I could have it over angel hair and the waitress said, "of course". The chicken piccata came over spaghetti. My wife aked if she could have it over spaghetti squash and they made that adjustment also. The portions are large and two of the three times we have been there, we had leftovers the next day for lunch.

• Visited August 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Fabulous pasta dishes at Cafe Pasta. Friendly wait staff. The chef came out & spoke with us - let us know that if you have a request (to make a dish more or less spicy, etc.) they are happy to honor it. The only improvement I would make would be to include a house salad with the pasta dish.

• Visited June 2012
Burlington, North Carolina
“Tasty food...Simple yet elegant decorations”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Don't be deceived by the outward appearance of this little gem. Inside, you will find abundant space for parties, and intimate spaces for couples. I would have liked to have seen homemade Italian bread, but the rolls were just fine. The appetizer we chose was Spinach and Artichoke Dip, which tasted nice and fresh. For dinner, a lightly sauced Shrimp pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, and fettucine noodles. The hub had the Chef's Risotto of the evening...which was delicious! Thanks to Groupon, we had $20 off our meal, but the total would have been around $50 for two of us. It was definitely good food, worth the price....?...some things were, some things weren't. Worth a try though.

• Visited June 2012
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We called ahead with a large group of people and they very quickly catered a meal that exceeded all of our expectations. Great food and great service. I highly recommend!

“Great Italian Food and Outstanding Value”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I eat here often and are never disappointed. Ray and his staff always produce great food at an outstanding value. The atmosphere is nice, and the owner, Ray is always welcoming, making us feel right at home. This makes the dining experience special, and you do not feel like you are just another number like at some chain restaurants. I almost always go for the lasagna which is consistantly good and my wife loves the salmon, but all of the dishes we have tried we have enjoyed. If you are looking for good Italian in Greensboro, I would highly reccomend Care Pasta.

Been to Cafe Pasta? Share your experiences!