“Great dinner at the best restaurant in Greensboro”

Table 16 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 16 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis Street
Description: Table 16 Restaurant has a seasonal approach to menu development. The concept & philosophy of globally influenced, New World Cuisine was derived from the extensive exposure gathered by chef/owner Graham Heaton during his travels & training. It is a style of food that incorporates tremendously flavorful spices, chilies, grains & sustainable seafood & at Table 16 is dedicated to sourcing and supporting the state's vast pool of edible & delicious products, from local game, dairy & produce-turning them into magic for the mouth and sustenance for the belly. The restaurant is avant-garde and strives to keep the experience different for each visit while remaining accessible & affordable. Table 16 Restaurant produces daily a style of food and experience that cannot be found elsewhere in the Triad including weekly specials including a $30 garden prix fixe special on Tuesdays, $30 Surf and Turf & Prime Rib specials for on Wednesdays & $35 four-course chef's tastings on Thursdays. There are features on adult beverages each week to complement each dinner special-from $8 top shelf martinis, to reverse no corkage fee night which offers guests $15 off any bottle over $60.In the quest to be the Triad's favorite spot to frequent, a brand new bar menu was launched in 2014 offering mouth-watering flavors in the comfort of the newly renovated bar. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a quick, informal & inexpensive bite to eat & your favorite drink before a show, night on the town or just before heading home for the evening.Want the full Table 16 experience? Spend the evening at Table 16 and have a chef's tasting menu us, an approximately two-hour culinary journey-beginning with lighter fare and concluding with dessert-all customized to your dietary restrictions.We are happy to craft meals for vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diners, pescatarians and those with food allergies & other dietary restrictions.Hosting private luncheons & dinners, catering celebrations, participating in multiple charities, supporting several non-profits, and generally spreading good nature by providing a cheerful and most enjoyable dining experience, Table 16, now in its seventh year of business, is an anchor in the community with its unique vision for creating haute cuisine that balances elegance and value.Google Table16 and you will find that the restaurant has been rated 5 stars by local food critics three times in the past few years and has an abundance of rave reviews explaining why it has become so popular with the Triad's residents.Chef's BioGraham Heaton is the chef/owner at Table 16 Restaurant, located at 600 South Elm Street, in the heart of downtown Greensboro. "I am not a Greensboro born and bred chef. I have traveled extensively and chosen the concept here at Table 16 Restaurant from my time spent as a chef in the cities of Miami and New Orleans and from the style of food so abundantly found there. I have worked for two James Beard award-winning chefs, two others who have had the opportunity to put on dinners at the Beard House, and one who won the distinction of Iron Chef America. I have been employed in five different Mobile rated 4-diamond/4-star properties throughout the state of North Carolina and the South East.""I am a 38-years-old father of 3 children, and originally a native of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I moved to Greensboro 8 years ago to finally hang my hat, to start my business and to raise my family. I have grown to call this city my home and its inhabitants my friends. In return it has shown me much love and support. It is a privilege for me to find myself here, as a teacher, employer, family man, artist and business owner. "
“Great dinner at the best restaurant in Greensboro”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We sat outside on a lovely night, and had a fabulous dinner starting with a great pear drink, proceeding to the chef's tasting menu, where he selects what you eat. I had salad, appetizer, 2 small entrees and dessert - all fabulous. The best was the Cajun Oysters, which was so good, even though I'm not normally an oyster lover. The chocolate pot d'creme was also wonderful. Partner had prime rib and a pie that included some blueberries. Great service. Some interesting street people add to the ambiance :) Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“5 star dining in Greensboro”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Visitors to Greensboro have a choice of several excellent restaurants. Table 16 is unique among these in the combinations of ingredients and menu choices. When possible they use local products and that insures freshness. Whether you try seafood, meat or vegetarian dishes the chef prepares them superbly. Tasting menus and small plates give a lot of different options for how you might structure your meal.

Give this a try for some fine cuisine.

• Visited August 2014
Greensboro, NC
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my current favorites. If you are lucky enough to dine when Graham is there, just let him keep sending food to you until you are full and let him recommend a wine. The price for us was north of $200 for 2 but we felt it was worth it for the quality and experience. Everything is perfectly prepared, beautiful and creative. You won't be disappointed. If you would like to try Table 16 with more of a budget in mind, order off the menu or better yet, turn up on Thursday night for the prix fixe menu. Also a wonderful experience.

Visited June 2014
Guilderland, New York
“Try Table 16...it's great!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I wanted to try a new restaurant last night, and we were so glad we chose Table 16! Our waiter, Trent, was excellent...personable and knowledgeable about the cuisine! We sat by the window, and enjoyed the ambiance of the place. Our entrees of Buffalo quail breast and pork tenderloin were both delicious! Portions are a little small, so we chose the the chèvre potato salad and garden peas with pancetta to accompany them. Potato salad is exceptional! Pancetta with peas was very good, but would have been better if it was cut smaller. The peach cake with fresh whipped cream for dessert was wonderful! The chef puts an interesting twist on dishes which makes them fun to try! Try Table 16 and enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent date restaurant.”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend here a year ago for our first date, and again for our anniversary. Its an excellent place with great food that has some variety to it. Interesting food makes for decent first date discussion. Atmosphere is very nice and fancy, without being stuck up. Service is prompt and friendly. And they tell you a bunch of stuff about the food you're eating, allowing you to nod along and pretend you're cultured. Drinks are strong though, dont overdo it.

A++, would recommend.