“Celebrating Son's 21st Birthday”

Table 16 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 16 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 922 Restaurants in Greensboro
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis Street
Description: Table 16 Restaurant has a seasonal approach to menu development. The concept & philosophy of globally influenced, New World Cuisine was derived from the extensive exposure gathered by chef/owner Graham Heaton during his travels & training. It is a style of food that incorporates tremendously flavorful spices, chilies, grains & sustainable seafood & at Table 16 is dedicated to sourcing and supporting the state's vast pool of edible & delicious products, from local game, dairy & produce-turning them into magic for the mouth and sustenance for the belly. The restaurant is avant-garde and strives to keep the experience different for each visit while remaining accessible & affordable. Table 16 Restaurant produces daily a style of food and experience that cannot be found elsewhere in the Triad including weekly specials including a $30 garden prix fixe special on Tuesdays, $30 Surf and Turf & Prime Rib specials for on Wednesdays & $35 four-course chef's tastings on Thursdays. There are features on adult beverages each week to complement each dinner special-from $8 top shelf martinis, to reverse no corkage fee night which offers guests $15 off any bottle over $60.In the quest to be the Triad's favorite spot to frequent, a brand new bar menu was launched in 2014 offering mouth-watering flavors in the comfort of the newly renovated bar. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a quick, informal & inexpensive bite to eat & your favorite drink before a show, night on the town or just before heading home for the evening.Want the full Table 16 experience? Spend the evening at Table 16 and have a chef's tasting menu us, an approximately two-hour culinary journey-beginning with lighter fare and concluding with dessert-all customized to your dietary restrictions.We are happy to craft meals for vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diners, pescatarians and those with food allergies & other dietary restrictions.Hosting private luncheons & dinners, catering celebrations, participating in multiple charities, supporting several non-profits, and generally spreading good nature by providing a cheerful and most enjoyable dining experience, Table 16, now in its seventh year of business, is an anchor in the community with its unique vision for creating haute cuisine that balances elegance and value.Google Table16 and you will find that the restaurant has been rated 5 stars by local food critics three times in the past few years and has an abundance of rave reviews explaining why it has become so popular with the Triad's residents.Chef's BioGraham Heaton is the chef/owner at Table 16 Restaurant, located at 600 South Elm Street, in the heart of downtown Greensboro. "I am not a Greensboro born and bred chef. I have traveled extensively and chosen the concept here at Table 16 Restaurant from my time spent as a chef in the cities of Miami and New Orleans and from the style of food so abundantly found there. I have worked for two James Beard award-winning chefs, two others who have had the opportunity to put on dinners at the Beard House, and one who won the distinction of Iron Chef America. I have been employed in five different Mobile rated 4-diamond/4-star properties throughout the state of North Carolina and the South East.""I am a 38-years-old father of 3 children, and originally a native of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I moved to Greensboro 8 years ago to finally hang my hat, to start my business and to raise my family. I have grown to call this city my home and its inhabitants my friends. In return it has shown me much love and support. It is a privilege for me to find myself here, as a teacher, employer, family man, artist and business owner. "
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had an incredible meal on our son's 21st birthday. We hadn't been to Table 16 in a over a year. Our last experience had been good, but not as good as the first few times we visited Table 16 around the time they opened. We were excited that the food, service, and atmosphere have not only returned the restaurant to where they "used to be" - but it's even better. Bacon jam on the cheese service - words can't even describe how delicious it is. Dessert? Incredible! Tar-tar - never tried it anywhere, but knew this would be the place to try - it was delicious!!! This is definitely a splurge if you're going on a weekend night, but the experience was worth every penny. I think my son was surprised that this incredible food, in a beautiful restaurant - wasn't in the least bit stuffy. Thank you, Graham, for another great evening!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My key tip... ask for Gram.

He's the owner, custom tailored our Dinner, and I am speechless. Thank you Sir, I look forward to my next visit. Le cousine et magnifique!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food at Table 16 is outstanding as is the atmosphere and the friendliness of staff. If you haven't eaten here before, you should!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Table 16 never fails to please. From the wine list, food and service there are few choices in the greater Greensboro area as high on my list. It is a great place to take business guests, date night or for just for an incredible night out. The staff is knowledgeable about pairing food and wine and work hard to create an exceptional experience. The food is creative but never over the top. I like this place.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to this restaurant and had the food and wine dinner and I have to admit it was one of the best meals I have had! The food and wine pairings were spot on. I tried both food and wine that I have never had before, so that was a bonus and education as well. I highly recommend this restaurant!