“Best Among the Best”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis Street
Description: Table 16 Restaurant has a seasonal approach to menu development. The concept & philosophy of globally influenced, New World Cuisine was derived from the extensive exposure gathered by chef/owner Graham Heaton during his travels & training. It is a style of food that incorporates tremendously flavorful spices, chilies, grains & sustainable seafood & at Table 16 is dedicated to sourcing and supporting the state's vast pool of edible & delicious products, from local game, dairy & produce-turning them into magic for the mouth and sustenance for the belly. The restaurant is avant-garde and strives to keep the experience different for each visit while remaining accessible & affordable. Table 16 Restaurant produces daily a style of food and experience that cannot be found elsewhere in the Triad including weekly specials including a $30 garden prix fixe special on Tuesdays, $30 Surf and Turf & Prime Rib specials for on Wednesdays & $35 four-course chef's tastings on Thursdays. There are features on adult beverages each week to complement each dinner special-from $8 top shelf martinis, to reverse no corkage fee night which offers guests $15 off any bottle over $60.In the quest to be the Triad's favorite spot to frequent, a brand new bar menu was launched in 2014 offering mouth-watering flavors in the comfort of the newly renovated bar. It's the perfect spot to enjoy a quick, informal & inexpensive bite to eat & your favorite drink before a show, night on the town or just before heading home for the evening.Want the full Table 16 experience? Spend the evening at Table 16 and have a chef's tasting menu us, an approximately two-hour culinary journey-beginning with lighter fare and concluding with dessert-all customized to your dietary restrictions.We are happy to craft meals for vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diners, pescatarians and those with food allergies & other dietary restrictions.Hosting private luncheons & dinners, catering celebrations, participating in multiple charities, supporting several non-profits, and generally spreading good nature by providing a cheerful and most enjoyable dining experience, Table 16, now in its seventh year of business, is an anchor in the community with its unique vision for creating haute cuisine that balances elegance and value.Google Table16 and you will find that the restaurant has been rated 5 stars by local food critics three times in the past few years and has an abundance of rave reviews explaining why it has become so popular with the Triad's residents.Chef's BioGraham Heaton is the chef/owner at Table 16 Restaurant, located at 600 South Elm Street, in the heart of downtown Greensboro. "I am not a Greensboro born and bred chef. I have traveled extensively and chosen the concept here at Table 16 Restaurant from my time spent as a chef in the cities of Miami and New Orleans and from the style of food so abundantly found there. I have worked for two James Beard award-winning chefs, two others who have had the opportunity to put on dinners at the Beard House, and one who won the distinction of Iron Chef America. I have been employed in five different Mobile rated 4-diamond/4-star properties throughout the state of North Carolina and the South East.""I am a 38-years-old father of 3 children, and originally a native of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I moved to Greensboro 8 years ago to finally hang my hat, to start my business and to raise my family. I have grown to call this city my home and its inhabitants my friends. In return it has shown me much love and support. It is a privilege for me to find myself here, as a teacher, employer, family man, artist and business owner. "
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have been dining at Table 16 for a couple of years. The food I'd outstanding. I lived in Nee Orleans for two years and I always ask myself "Would this restaurant do well in New Orleans?" Table 16 rivals my favorite NO restaurant, Brigtsen's. I am NOT a foodie. I just like good food though I have tried many dishes I might not have chosen and they are all good. The "fixins" as we say in the South are as good or sometimes better than the meat in the meal. The salads are great and not just a filler. Love the place!

ManagerTable16, Manager at Table 16 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have always enjoyed Table 16 - innovative Chef Graham usually delivers - but not tonight! Our waiter was reallu inexperienced - did now know the entrees or wines..service was slow and the food we did want to take home - never came back out of the kitchen after we asked them to package it to go..but more than that-one seafood entree came to the table and all we could smell was ammonia ! My friend ordered one app and a different one was served..the waiter didn't write it down so that was no surprise with some one that inexperienced...the flanks steak was not cut properly so it was more tough than usual..we just expect more for $150. for two...unacceptable honestly - not sure what is going on here - but they were half full and if they were not busy we would have at least expected decent service..this used to be in our top 3.. Now it's not even on the list - so very sad!

1  Thank JJ J
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It had been a number of weeks since we had gone to Table 16 and it was our last chance to order from the May menu at our favorite restaurant. We were warmly greeted by Pat and the rest of the staff; it was so good to see everybody again! We started with drinks by Matthew accompanied by a most wonderful cheese service. Susan took good care of us, too. My man ordered the pork porterhouse, and he loved every last bite. My choice was the mahi, which went like this: mahi-mahi, garlic yams, black beans, and oranges... mahi-mahi, garlic yams, black beans, and oranges... mahi-mahi, garlic yams, black beans, and oranges... and I just wanted it to go on and on, forever and ever, amen. We topped it all off with coffee and pot de creme and went back home very satisfied and very happy. Thanks to Graham, Rob, and everybody! We'll be back next week to celebrate our anniversary!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Took our 9 & 12 year old with us and accommodated them. No kids menu, but left sauce off, vegetable substitutions. Great wine list. My husband had soft shell crab salad, I had lobster salad. Both amazing!! My son had duck and loved! Fish great, I had sea bass and my husband had halibut. Both kids happy. Wonderful meal! Had an in-training server who was learning...so not seamless, but you've got to learn somewhere...

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited Table 16 for Mother's Day and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff was very helpful in seating my 90 year old mother-in-law and were attentive to her dietary restrictions. We selected from the three course fixed pix menu. Each course was amazing! Incredible flavor in every bite. The only negative was my wife's arugula salad had more dressing than she likes, however I'm sure it would have been perfect for me, she doesn't like much dressing on salad. My prime rib was very flavorable and the Yorkshire Pudding was so light and delicious. And then there was dessert..... Table 16 is my favorite Resturant in Greensboro. There is no better food in town. Or perhaps North Carolina.