“Worth the extra few minutes to get here.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
maryland
“Worth the extra few minutes to get here.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I usually stay at the HIE off of Wendover, but decided to try this property to see if the quality is the same and it is. Clean, good customer service, close to the Interstate, comfortable. I don't have any complaints. I'd stay here again just to be a little farther out from the crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here as an overnight stop on the way to Myrtle Beach. We were very impressed with the hotel and the rooms. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed to accommodate 5 of us. The rooms were extremely clean!! We enjoyed using the outdoor pool. Breakfast was very good with a wide variety of choices. I also got a great rate on it by booking ahead. The only possible negative was the air conditioner in the room was quite noisy. This was our first time at a Holiday Inn Express. We would definitely stay here again and since it was so nice - I am willing to try other HI Express.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was super clean, and nice. The girl at the check in was great. Our room wasn't ready, so she upgraded it for the same price. Thank you Holiday Inn for providing a discount for teachers and state employees! My son loved the pool and the hotel provides clean pool towels. My husband and son also enjoyed the free breakfast. We really liked walking across the parking lot eat at Fatz. Will stay again before taking flights at GSO.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was my first stay in a Holiday Inn Express! How could that be?! It was a great first experience and made me want to book more stays at this great chain of hotels.

The room was rock solid, no floor or adjacent room noise what so ever, literally not even a peep or a squeak! That's unheard of (no pun intended).. The full, free breakfast (little omlets, bacon, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal / grits) was excellent. They also had breads, cereals, juices, milk, coffee, tea, waffles, etc. It was excellent. The only odd thing is that the tongs for the mini omlets and the set for the bacon are kept inside of the heated container so the handle is super, super hot. I had to grab a napkin so I could even hold onto the handle of the tongs to use them. But, if that's the only thing I can find "wrong" with this hotel, that's pretty good. The exercise room was great with a couple of treadmills, an elipitical machine and an exercise bike. Every time I went in there I was the only person using the machines so that was an added bonus. They also had a bench and a dozen or so free hand weights. Most folks must have been outside in the nice pool in back. It was 105 degrees out the 2-3 days I was here so that must have felt pretty good. I didn't use the pool but lots of folks were outside enjoying the hot weather.

The only slight problem I experienced was that the AC unit in my room kept shutting off every few hours. I figured out that there is a circuit breaker button on the plug that's under the wall plugged into the outlet, so I'd just keep hitting that button. That can't be normal to have it keep shutting off like that, but maybe since it was 105 out things were just getting overloaded. It wasn't really a big problem.

There were a lot of fast food places nearby and some restaurants and there's a big mall / shopping area a couple miles away. The location seemed great to me with nice parking and a it was a safe area. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ScottyG777
NEW YORK
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Very easy to find off of I-40 next to Fatz.... I travel here ding my family tree research.... Check-in was breeze....The room was very clean no problems.... The breakfast was a lil bit of a nightmare "over crowded" with hardly anything to eat.... I think there was a tournament game in town..... But I could stay here again.... The pool was very clean & not crowded....

Room Tip: For a tournament going on the hotel was very peaceful a night....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
South Fork, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I moved from Greensboro back to my home state of Colorado a few years ago. We renovated and painted our home before putting it on the market and cleaned it from stem to stern. All our furniture was packed up and moved out a couple of days before we finished work on the house thus leaving us with no place to sleep. So, we got a hotel near where we lived and decided on this location.

It was new when we stayed there and the place was spotless! Gorgeous entry and greeted by two of the friendliest young ladies on the planet! When we walked in with our little dog, Harley Davidson, they both went crazy over her. :) It happens all the time! LOL You could smell the fresh coffee in the common area when we walked in the door. The rates were pretty reasonable, especially since we didn't want a low-grade motel to spend the last couple of nights in that beautiful city. Plus, working so hard on our house left us exhausted, hot, filthy, and in need of a good, hot shower and comfortable bed. We got just what we needed at this location.

There are some good eating spots nearby ranging from Ruby Tuesday's and similar restaurants to Bojangle's fast food. While it is just off I-40 and a busy highway between Greensboro and High Point, the hotel is built with noise levels in mind. We only heard outside traffic when we opened the window! The room was gorgeous! The decor was so warm and inviting. When we got to the room, we found there were no ash trays and I thought I had booked a smoking room. The front desk said they had already booked their only smoking rooms, but made an exception due to our circumstances. They could see we were exhausted and knew we were local folks. I'm sure they don't do that on a regular basis, so they went above and beyond to meet our needs. Thankfully, the smoking thing isn't a problem any longer, because my husband finally quit after forty years! Yea! Sorry...I'm a bit excited about that! :)

I highly recommend this location and would stay here again in a heartbeat should our travels ever take us back to the city that still holds my heart...Greensboro, North Carolina. <3

Room Tip: If you are hungry and want some excellent local barbecue, just up the road you will find a place cal...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PearmanCasa
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife, teenage daughter and I stayed here one night recently as we were in town for one of our daughter's volleyball tournaments. The place was almost exactly what I expected-- no surprises, which is a good thing! The price was competitive for the area and hotel class. Our room was clean and comfortable with adequate room for the three of us with two queens. The room had a small refrigerator and coffee maker, with a flat screen TV. The shower was a regular shower, not one inside of a bath tub. The staff were friendly and helpful. I did get awoken around 5:00 a.m. by two guests in the hall, but that's not the hotel's fault, unless you claim the doors could be a little more soundproof.

The breakfast was also what you might expect or perhaps a little better. It did have a good variety of hot and cold items (small cheese omelets, biscuits with gravy, sausage patties, fruit, cereal, hot cinnamon roles, coffee, milk, juices). The breakfast staff went out of their way to see if you had everything you wanted and took the dirty plates soon after we had finished. I'd say he went above and beyond!

There is a restaurant adjacent to the property called Fatz, which was good. It reminded me of a Ruby Tuesdays. There were some other fast food places adjacent to the property behind the hotel, like a Subway, a pizza place and a Bojangles.

The pool was not anything to write home about. It would satisfy small children though. I did not use the workout room, but it looked like it had plenty of equipment to meet demand.

I'd consider staying here again as long as the price is right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family