“quiet, relaxing, comfortable bed”

Comfort Suites Greensboro
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“quiet, relaxing, comfortable bed”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

this hotel has the MOST comfortable bed I have ever sleep on!!!! It was the so comfortable, I did'nt want to get out of. I felt safe leaving my car in the parking lot. the breakfast greeter Ms Shirley is the best, keeps the food hot and fresh, I can't forget to mention Derick the desk clerk, great customer service.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a very good hotel for the price. There is nothing fancy about it but it served our needs. I would definitely use it again. Pet friendly, clean, well lit, good parking, easily accessible from the main highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gary w
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The general manager was rude and unprofessional. She exhibited no guest skills whatsoever. She should follow the lead the breakfast attendant, who was superb. The hotel entrance is poor, having to drive through a lesser property to access it... poor curb appeal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank sok_8

Travelers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked this stay on line and when we arrived we learned we were in room 215 right beside the elevator. We asked to be located somewhere else not so close to the noisy elevator and were told we could not move because we booked on line and got the "special internet rate". I was not aware of this restriction when I booked.......so much for being on of their Choice Privileges members....(the front desk girl acknowledged we were choice privileges members). We had been loyal supporters of Marriott and its Marriott Rewards for many years and switched to Comfort Inns group because of their pricing. We were never refused a room change at a Marriott and have been Marriott Rewards members for many years. Other than that, the hotel was clean, well located, had a good breakfast included and the room was comfortable. But their refusal to let us move to an quieter location didn't impress me at all. Next time I will look for a Marriott property for my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beachbumzzzz
Greenwich, ct
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We arrived for an overnight stay prior to Christmas. The room was very clean, spacious, with very comfortable beds (we are a family of 6). The toilet was very loud. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast area was very clean and contained the usual free hot breakfast. Our only wish is that breakfast would include real eggs.

Room Tip: We selected a room with a pull out bed to accommodate our large family.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve_in_Greenwich
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The stay here was just for 1-night on a Wednesday on my way to another destination. Was greeted by extremely friendly front desk clerk and the lobby decorated for Halloween. Check-in went well and the room was visibly clean and my wife and I were ready to unpack. As another reviewer mentioned, there was a "Manager's Reception" going on when we got there. Free soda, cheese, crackers, meatballs, and pizza. My only room complaint was that the beds are up on a platform which made sitting on the edge uncomfortable. Beds, linens,and towels all clean. Property is fairly new and as others mentioned does not have it's own entrance but plenty of signs out on the road. Continental breakfast was one of the frozen cheese omelettes sitting in the pan but they did have meat (sausage to go with it) so I was ok with it. Traditional other breakfast stuff. Bed was comfortable and no noise was heard from other rooms. Location was good. Definitely would come back.

Aside comment and not my experience, we were on the elevator with a child and mom and the child was talking about mold in the ice machine on the third floor. The woman explained that she loved the hotel and came back just stayed on another floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Libertyville, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I checked into the hotel Friday night after a long day of traveling! I was greeted by a lobby that was so packed it took time to squeeze our way thru to the lobby desk. I was checked in by JESSICA, the shift supervisor, who acted as if she was irritated she had to stop mingling with lobby customers to check us in!
I came with a printout of my reservation that showed the room was 109.99 a night for a 2 day total of 219.98 +28.05 tax=248.03. I gave her my choice rewards credit card with no charges on it. She ran it and told me it had been denied?? I asked her if I could call the CC Company, JESSICA told me that she had a lot of people to deal with and could i use another card that she would put in just to have on file. I handed her my bank card and said “I can NOT have the charge put on this card!!! If I give it to you can I pay with my Choice rewards card when we check out? JESSICA said ABSOLUTELY we will NOT charge this card; it’s just to have on file till you check out!
I went to the room and immediately called the credit card company. The reason the card did not go thru was because it has a $250 limit, she tried to push thru a 272.28 charge over the amount! We had to run out so I decided to deal with it at check out!
Sunday we woke early, 5am, so we could get ready and check out before going to final meeting. When I turned on light I found the bill under the door saying that my credit card on file had been charged 250.28. I hurried to the desk!! The girl there said she could remove the charge to bank card and put on choice card as I had originally asked. She charged my Barclay card another different amount, this time 248.02?? After she charged the card she told me that my bank card would still have a hold on it for 45days for 272.28. I tried to call customer service but it was too early! I waited till the shift supervisor started which happened to be JESSICA again! JESSICA was so RUDE and NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! JESSICA told me there was no way to remove the double charge and I could wait for general manager but she would tell me same thing! She said “good luck with that!” at this point my 2 night stay has cost me over $500.
I stay at choice hotels every time we travel! This is the first time I have every encountered such a horrible, disrespectful, untrained staff!! Please have a talk with them! I also believe they did not give me full choice reward points!
We went to Cambria suites Sunday night at RDU! Wonderful staff well maintained hotel, quiet room, everything was exceptional.
This Friday I will be at the Extended Suburban Stay hotel, in Cedar Rapids IA, I have been there before and never have a complaint!
The staff and quality of Comfort Suites, Greensboro was disgusting and a disgrace to your hotel chain. I am a very busy person but had to take the time to complain about this!
Did I mention I did not even eat the breakfast at the hotel...Very dirty! Place was a mess! The hotel was a nonstop party! We had to keep the TV on to not hear the party that went on all night next door. The hotel staff couldn’t care less! Every time we told them something they looked like we were interrupting them then they shrugged us off and continued with what they were doing!
I am an 11 year widowed mother of 3 boys! Every penny counts! Now I have almost $300 on hold with my bank account and my Choice rewards card maxed with a stay coming up this weekend that I may have to cancel because of the mistakes The Comfort Suites of Greensboro made last weekend!
Did I mention at the end of street is the topless dance club! Not a place for families, stay someplace else!
Very disappointed first time complainer
Patrice M

Room Tip: To choose a good room?? Stay at one of the nice hotels in same area!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business