“Sweet Suites... Wish my stay was longer!”

Comfort Suites Greensboro
Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sweet Suites... Wish my stay was longer!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall, I must say the Comfort Suites was very nice, indeed. We were in town for two days, so we only spent one night in the hotel. The location is very convenient to the highway and plenty of restaurants all around. Upon arrival, the check-in was quick. The room (418) was very big. We had two QZ beds and a double pull-out sofa. 42" flat screen TV and a nice work space.
Both the room and bathroom were very clean. If I had one complaint it would be that the sofa-bed still had sheets on it from another hotel guest. The front desk provided us with new sheets, but it would have been nice for them to bring the sheets up and change the old linen.
Breakfast was what we have come to expect from Choice hotels... Eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, pastries, muffins and fruit. The coffee and juices are also the norm.
We didn't have time to utilize the pool, fitness or computer rooms, but the next time we are in Greensboro... Comfort Suites is the place.

Room Tip: For a family...Room 418 was very nice, sleeps up to 6 people.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JAD68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
north carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After reading some reviews I was a little unsure about this hotel but after we arrived we soon found out everything was excellent! The rooms were very modern and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was available from 6:30 to 9:30 each morning. Every member of the staff that we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. We will most definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was very skeptical on staying here due to the reviews... But from the time I walked in I was impressed and felt welcomed. I got a chance to be greeted by all 3 clerks (different shifts) and they all made me feel comfortable and welcome. The room was SPOT clean, I even ran my finger over pictures hanging up to see it there was dust, there wasn't!!!! Housekeeping made sure I had plenty of towels and such. Beds was a little to firm for my likings but I didn't lose any sleep. I was on the 5th floor, I almost thought I was home how quiet it was. I didn't get a chance to try breakfast but from the looks it looked good. Will I stayed here again?? OF COURSE and so should you. This is the only place ill stay when I visit Greensboro. See you soon ladies :)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ShayBrown
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a hotel not even a year old, it already reads like an old property. Having served in hotel management for many years, I'm actually more forgiving than most customers because I know how much work is involved in satisfying every guest. However, many problems are simply due to laziness. A perfect example of this is the Comfort Suites Greensboro.

My wife was playing in a racquetball tournament in High Point with our pre-teen daughter tagging along. My wife wanted to treat her with an overnight stay in a nearby hotel instead of driving home to Winston-Salem, so I made a reservation for them at the Comfort Suites Greensboro. There were other hotels much more convenient to the tournament location, but the Comfort Suites was more in our price range.

My daughter is definitely like her dad, and she brought back the following deficiencies list from their stay: 5-minute wait for the Front Desk Clerk to come out and greet them, indoor pool was dirty, jacuzzi was closed (for maintenance I presume), shower head in the guest room was dirty, alarm clock didn't work, one of the bars of hand soap was open in the bathroom and the pancake syrup tasted terrible. I have no explanation for the last item, but if a child tells you that pancake syrup of all things tastes bad it must be bad.

My daughter has traveled many places with us from Hawaii to Massachusetts and she knows her hotels. I'll close with my daughter's words to me when she returned home, "Daddy, please don't book that hotel again."

Room Tip: My advice before checking into ANY hotel is to ask to inspect the room you are going to be assigned...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PCDoctorUSA
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Requested double beds, for two adults and two children, when we got there it was a king bed. They told us thats all they had, even though we booked a month in advance. When it was time for bed, there were no sheets or blankets for sleeper sofa. I called customer service, she said we had to come to service desk and get it ourselves. Not a big deal, but if that would be any other hotel, they would of brought my sheets and blanket when I called them the first time and told them that we requested double beds.
We come to Greensboro once or twice a year, and its our second time at Comfort Suites. We like this place because its clean and easy access to places where we need to be and the highway. Will NOT stay here again, not after this treatment. The front desk presonel changed since last year. Not going to be surprised if the rating of this hotel will start rapidly decline because of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hope28701

Travelers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

Delta Junction
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, the staff are wonderful and the hotel is clean and quiet. Easy access to Burlington or Greensboro. I will stay here again, Lord willing. The hotel is easy to get to from off the highway and there is a grocery store and restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling in the Greensboro or Burlington area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here over graduation weekend while in town for my sister's graduation. Check in was quick and easy. My room had 2 queen beds, which were very comfortable and a sofa. The fridge and microwave were also handy for late night snacks. The hotel was fully booked, only seemed crowded during breakfast time and while waiting for the elevator. At breakfast, I was able to get some items, but had no time to wait for refills of pastries or stand in line for waffle maker. The hotel is tucked behind another hotel and my room view was of wooded area. The downsize was lack of noise filters. I could hear water running for room above and vacuuming of housekeeping. Location was excellent - close to highway, good for getting to coliseum and plenty of restaurant options nearby.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo