Comfort Suites Greensboro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscheese omelettesindoor poolfront desk staffsofa sleeperswim teamwork spacefour seasonsconvention centerroom was cleancollege graduationcheck in was quick and easytwo queen bedswaffle makervery nice hotelfridge and microwavestaff was friendlyother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a hotel not even a year old, it already reads like an old property. Having served in hotel management for many years, I'm actually more forgiving than most customers because I know how much work is involved in satisfying every guest. However, many problems are simply due to laziness. A perfect example of this is the Comfort Suites Greensboro.

My wife was playing in a racquetball tournament in High Point with our pre-teen daughter tagging along. My wife wanted to treat her with an overnight stay in a nearby hotel instead of driving home to Winston-Salem, so I made a reservation for them at the Comfort Suites Greensboro. There were other hotels much more convenient to the tournament location, but the Comfort Suites was more in our price range.

My daughter is definitely like her dad, and she brought back the following deficiencies list from their stay: 5-minute wait for the Front Desk Clerk to come out and greet them, indoor pool was dirty, jacuzzi was closed (for maintenance I presume), shower head in the guest room was dirty, alarm clock didn't work, one of the bars of hand soap was open in the bathroom and the pancake syrup tasted terrible. I have no explanation for the last item, but if a child tells you that pancake syrup of all things tastes bad it must be bad.

My daughter has traveled many places with us from Hawaii to Massachusetts and she knows her hotels. I'll close with my daughter's words to me when she returned home, "Daddy, please don't book that hotel again."

Room Tip: My advice before checking into ANY hotel is to ask to inspect the room you are going to be assigned BEFORE you hand over your credit card.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PCDoctorUSA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Requested double beds, for two adults and two children, when we got there it was a king bed. They told us thats all they had, even though we booked a month in advance. When it was time for bed, there were no sheets or blankets for sleeper sofa. I called customer service, she said we had to come to service desk and get it ourselves. Not a big deal, but if that would be any other hotel, they would of brought my sheets and blanket when I called them the first time and told them that we requested double beds.
We come to Greensboro once or twice a year, and its our second time at Comfort Suites. We like this place because its clean and easy access to places where we need to be and the highway. Will NOT stay here again, not after this treatment. The front desk presonel changed since last year. Not going to be surprised if the rating of this hotel will start rapidly decline because of them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hope28701
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, the staff are wonderful and the hotel is clean and quiet. Easy access to Burlington or Greensboro. I will stay here again, Lord willing. The hotel is easy to get to from off the highway and there is a grocery store and restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling in the Greensboro or Burlington area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here over graduation weekend while in town for my sister's graduation. Check in was quick and easy. My room had 2 queen beds, which were very comfortable and a sofa. The fridge and microwave were also handy for late night snacks. The hotel was fully booked, only seemed crowded during breakfast time and while waiting for the elevator. At breakfast, I was able to get some items, but had no time to wait for refills of pastries or stand in line for waffle maker. The hotel is tucked behind another hotel and my room view was of wooded area. The downsize was lack of noise filters. I could hear water running for room above and vacuuming of housekeeping. Location was excellent - close to highway, good for getting to coliseum and plenty of restaurant options nearby.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

location was good, rooms very comfortable. Safe was out of order. Breakfast was very good. The only downside was at check in. hotel was completely booked due to major concert the next day. Only one person at checkin desk so took a long time to check in

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple