“Clean, basic room, good service”

Comfort Suites Greensboro
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Our large family regularly uses Comfort Suites when we travel and have never been disappointed yet. During this trip we decided at the last minute to get a hotel for the night but quickly found out that many hotels in the area were sold out. Fortunately not the Comfort Suites in Greensboro. We arrived at midnight and were quickly checked in. We found our room clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was good, normal hotel breakfast fare but the kids love making their own waffles. We were happy and rested. Also our room was bed-bug free, which is something I check in every hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Greensboro

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Nice typical Comfort Suites rooms but TV doesn't swivel so it's hard to view while working at the desk. Good internet. Great Wednesday cocktail reception 5:30-7:30 with great munchies, beer, and wines! Nice bright bathroom. Bed will make you want to sleep in til noon though!:}

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I did something I have never done in my life! I attended a concert by myself in another city. I was so excited to travel from Atlanta to Greensboro to catch the 2011 Soldier of Love concert tour.

After driving 4 and half hours I was warmly greeted in the lobby and was immediately asked if I was in town for the concert! Great first impression!

The lobby was clean and well furnished and I quickly received my keys and headed to my room. I was pleasantly surprised to find my room looked exactly as it was pictured online. This was such a relief since I was staying overnight. I had two queen beds, a fridge, microwave, sofa and ample closet space. Not to mention a big screen tv.

The accomodations were excellent and I felt safe. I especially liked the fact that after the concert the doors to the lobby were locked and you had to swipe your key card to get in. I slept very comfortably and got up the next morning to indulge in the breakfast which is included. I fueled up and was out the door by 7am and back on the road home to Atlanta.

This was a great hotel for an overnight stay and I would feel comfortable staying longer if I am in Greensboro again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JouJou72
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was your typical fare but it was appetizing. They had evening snacks for an hour, which was nice. The pool is outside, not very large but clean. The bad thing was that we were in a room across from the laundry facility and at midnight, there was a loud verbal discussion going on in that room. It woke us up -- after 30 minutes, I called the front desk and, to their credit, the noise stopped soon after calling. There were 3 adults and 2 children in a room with a sofa sleeper that according to their website, sleeps 6, but because the beds are only full size, the sleeping was not as comfortable as queen beds would have been. The personnel were helpful and friendly; the USA was provided for reading.

Room Tip: Call direct for best room rates
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel is clean and pretty. It looks new or recently remodeled. Comfy beds. Room was decent size; one side of hotel has view of pretty wooded area. Hot breakfast typical of Choice Hotel chains. Also something I have never seen at Choice Hotels: pre-made bags of protein bars, fruit and water to grab on the way out if you don't have time for the sit-down breakfast. Hotel is located close to lots of restaurants. A little tricky to find because you have to drive thru parking lot of Days Inn to get there. We were disappointed when we saw Days inn because we wrongly thought it was our hotel (we actually walked in to Days Inn and tried to check-in). Only bad things about this place was 1) hot tub was broken (empty and roped off) and 2) pool is very tiny. It was also very cold throughout entire hotel (lobby, breakfast area, pool area).

Room Tip: One side of hotel (even numbered suites) have a nice view of a wooded area
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was a very nice hotel. It appeared to be new. It was very clean, and decorated beautifully. The breakfast- free, was very good complete with eggs and waffles. You won't be disappointed at this one. You really have to be looking for this one though, because it is behind a Days Inn. We will stay here again next year.

Room Tip: We had a handicapped room, and it was large and very nice, a large bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My young nephew and I stayed one night while attending a basketball game at the Coliseum. The room was clean and the staff very cordial. My only complaint is that the parking lot had not been cleared after a snow storm the week before and was EXTREMELY slippery. Overall, I was satisified and will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family