“Lovely Patio Dining”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 912 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Loved being outside on a Sunday evening in a quiet cool environment after a hot summer day. Special treat, we could all hear each other. Unlike so many trendy restaurants where noise is a major factor. Unfortunately after all the accolades, the food although beautifully presented was a little disappointing.

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our outdoor dining area and our food presentation. I am sorry, however that we didn't match the ante of the presentation with a follow through in flavor. If you would please take the time to e-mail me or call me at the restaurant I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience with our food.

wbottoms@qwrh.com
336/379-0699

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had out-of-town guests for the weekend so we decided to have Saturday brunch at Print Works Bistro. There were 7 of us so we had an assortment of benedicts, omelets, French toast and eggs/bacon. Believe me, no one raved about the food - it was barely diner-quality. Probably the biggest disappointment were the breakfast potatoes which were served cold and tasteless. No comparison to the excellent hash browns at GVG. In fact, the entire menu had very little flavor. If this restaurant was less expensive it would rate an "average", but at this price point it deserves a "poor" or less. The only things that met expectations were the décor and the service.

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent visit to our restaurant. Clearly we did not live up to your expectations or our intentions. If you would take the time to e-mail me or give me a call at the restaurant I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience.

wbottoms@qwrh.com
336/379-0699

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Just had dinner at Print Works and the service was TERRIBLE.... I ordered a bottle of reasonably expensive wine ($40) and it was brought to our table already opened. I asked why and our server said "that's the way we do it here... saves time" and then proceeded to set the bottle in the middle of our table and walked off.... As host I had to pour for my guests. There were 5 of us at dinner, and we were served piece meal. Two entrees arrived, the several minutes later the third, and finally the final two. No explanation, no apologies just acted as if everything was always done this way. Ordered desert and coffee... deserts came out and when we were done the coffee and it was room temperature.

I would never recommend this place for any meal.

1  Thank GSO-Mike
Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. I would really appreciate if you could give me a call at the restaurant at 336/379-0699 as I would like to know more about the specifics of your dining experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Some girlfriends and I planned a sleepover at the Proximity and made reservations at Print Works. The online reservation was super-easy to use, and when we needed to push back our reservation, the hostess was very accommodating. We were seated immediately, and our server was attentive without hovering and made us feel as though we were her only table. Everything we ordered was AMAZING. Especially the dessert sampler thing-wow!

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Proximity Hotel and your dinner at Print Works Bistro. I love to take "staycations" here at the Hotel when I want to escape without having to travel far. We hope to see you again soon.

--Will

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a gaggle of business colleagues and was very impressed by the service (Bradley was great) and by the upscale menu. Generally I am not a fan of bistros claiming to be French, because they usually fail at both. But this place pulls it off by mixing classy waitstaff and table service with contemporary menu items and a happening bar area that gives the restaurant a grounding in chic-but-not-too-stuffy ambiance.

Wow! All I can say is thank you for such glowing praise. We'll see you again soon.

--Will