“Delicious French Bistro”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 911 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We've eaten at Print Works in Greensboro a half a dozen times, and have enjoyed each and every dish and experience there. We prefer dinner over lunch for the level of service and menu choices. The restaurant is beautiful inside, open and airy, with panels hanging from the ceiling that help with privacy. The menu changes based upon what is in season, and some items always stay. The seasonal specials are always fabulous. We've had the trout, the beef short ribs bourguignonne, the salmon, and many other entrees. All have been delicious. The crème fraiche mashed potatoes and the brussel sprouts are favorite sides. For dessert you must not pass up the warm creme filled beignets. We will be back again and again to Print Works... maybe to try brunch next time!

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your rave review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

--Will

PS. If you do come for brunch, you have to try the French Toast and the Smoked Salmon Benedict... Two of my favorites!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

After seeing this restaurant off the main highway and doing a little research, we were so excited about our dinner. The restaurant is beautiful although we were seated outside since we did not have reservations. The menu is very diverse which we were excited about. My daughter and I split a beet salad which was good; however, not spectacular. I had the tomato tart which was a complete disappointment as it was very soggy. Thankfully, the waitress offered to bring something else, but I declined. My daughter had the hangar steak which was cooked improperly and very tough. The wine was tasty but our waitress was not knowledgeable about wine so another waitress helped out. Maybe we just ordered incorrectly but the whole meal was a disappointment.

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I'm so sorry that we missed the mark on your recent visit to our restaurant. Clearly we did not live up to your expectations or our intentions. If you would please take the time to e-mail me or give me a call at the restaurant I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for providing us with the data that we crave to continue to improve.

Will Bottoms
wbottoms@qwrh.com
336/379-0699

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I don't mind paying for quality but this place is way over priced when the portion size is factored in. The food was good but not enough to justify the price. Can pass on returning here anytime in the near future.

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

I'm very sorry that you didn't experience us as providing a good value. If you would be so kind as to contact me personally via e-mail at wbottoms@qwrh.com or via phone at 336/379-0699, I would love to learn more specifics about your experience with us so that we can continue to improve.

Will Bottoms

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We've been here at least three times in the past month and a half and we've been very pleased on each occasion. You can count on the preparation of the food (scallops cooked beautifully every time I have them) and it's always inventive (not what I would or could make at home). I also appreciate the flexibility that they offer. For example, on mussels night (Wednesdays, where they also offer good bottles of wine at half price), I didn't want the fries and they were happy to substitute a side vegetable or small green salad. Brussel sprouts are terrific, flatbreads are terrific (thin crust, non-greasy, great flavor combinations of seasonal ingredients and not over-worked with too much cheese). The chocolate mousse (and white chocolate version that's on the menu temporarily) is excellent. They're particularly strong with citrus desserts as well. The servers have gotten much better over the years -- this was almost a deal-breaker years ago when were served by a clueless teen -- they now know the food well and will work with you if you have special needs. Only minor gripe: bread is hard to apportion and this can be awkward if you're dining with a group. It would be easier if they did the job for you rather than having to tear it with your hands.

Thank you so much for your praise. I appreciate that you've returned even with having questionable service in the past and I'm excited that you've noticed that we are constantly evolving. We eagerly await your next visit.

--Will

PS- Our menu changes on Wednesday, so if you aren't on holiday during the 4th of July week it is a great time to stop in for some new offerings.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Printworks Bistro is a lovely place for a special occasion. We visited for an anniversary dinner, just the two of us. Given my wife's dietary restrictions, the very professional albeit heavily accented waiter was able to modify the trout offering to meet her needs and she declared it very tasty. I had the grilled scallops with a tarragon sauce. The sauce was a little bit spicier then I might have liked since it masked a little of the natural scallop flavor but otherwise was very good. The three large scallops were placed over the bed of wild rice & wilted spinach. All in all very complementary. The tab was in keeping with a moderately high priced restaurant at $85 +. That included only 2 entrées, two glasses of iced tea, 1 cup of coffee and one glass of wine with the shared dessert consisting of miniature cream filled beignets with sides of honey and dark chocolate sauce. While not super fresh and light as we were expecting, we managed to eat all seven of them! The environment was very pleasant although a little noisy with multiple large tables including high school girls probably out for graduation unaccompanied by any stuffy old adults! A $25 credit from a previous dining experience that didn't go so well at one of the sister restaurants of this company eased a bit of the cost. All in all, a great place for a special occasion. We will not likely return frequently given the price range of the restaurant but will certainly will think of it in the top three should we wish to entertain out-of-town guests who are dying to take us out to dinner on them!

Will B, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

I'm so glad we were able to be a part of your anniversary celebrations and I will certainly pass along your feedback about your scallops to our chef.