“Wonderful Restaurant, great music and very friendly service”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 929 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I went to the Print Works Bistro with his co-workers and a client. We have never been there but were pleasantly surprised. The service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. Life music enhanced the evening and so did our food. My husband ordered Steak Frites and I eat the Bistro Meatloaf. Both excellent choices. The bistro was packed so I suggest reservations if you plan to go out.

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

It's wonderful that you happened by our restaurant on a Wednesday night. Each week we feature live music by AM rOdeO and a special on our fantastic mussels. You can get 1 and a 1/2 times the portion of our normal entree for $15. We also have 5 to 6 bottles of wine for between $10 and $15 per bottle. It's lively night here every Wednesday and I'm glad that you all enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A little trendy and not inexpensive. Excellent service - wait staff was professional and always friendly.

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed dining with us!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions, and it is one of my favorites in Greensboro. The Truffle Fries are to kill for. We had their Sat. special, Beef Stroganoff and the beef was very tender and the sauce excellent. My daughter had the filet and it was also superb. For dessert, the chocolate layer cake and peach cake were both great. I always enjoy this restaurant and the other two, Green Valley Grill & Lucky 32, which are also a part of this organization.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed dining with us. I completely understand what you mean about the truffle fries; they are the appetizer that I always recommend folks try when they visit us.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I get excited each time Print Works publishes a new menu! Anything they do with scallops is always wonderful. And, surprisingly for such an upscale restaurant, they serve one of the best burgers in Greensboro! (The hand cut french fries are also wonderful.) When you order tea, they serve it in small glasses and rarely refill them - that can be very frustrating. The quality of waitpersons working at the restaurant also varies widely. There is very nice seating inside and outside, but sometimes inside can get a little loud. The wine selection is excellent. They also have a great weekend brunch. Always ask to see the dessert menu - you never know what delicious things might be offered!

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I love to hear when folks enjoy our seasonal menus! It gives us a great chance to show off what we can do with fresh and local ingredients. It also keeps everyone, from our staff to our guests, interested and engaged in our menu. Our next change happens on August 14th, so be sure to come by again to enjoy your favorite dishes from this menu before it changes.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I joined another couple for a special occasion here on a warm July night. We had a 6:30 p.m. reservation and didn't leave until almost 10 p.m. - thanks to great company, wonderful food and some of the most curiously inattentive service I've ever experienced.

First, the good stuff. The menu was amazing - we salivated over it in the week leading up to our visit and had a genuinely difficult time choosing once we got there. We settled on a nice variety: a soup, a salad and a "small plate" tuna dish as a shared appetizer. All were great. For entrees, two of us chose the duck, one had lemon chicken and the fourth (working on cholesterol issues) had a nice sampler of freshly-prepared vegetables. The food was very, very good. No complaints. We finished stuffed to the gills and perused the dessert menu only out of curiosity. It's expensive, maybe a tad overpriced, but delicious with unique preparation and presentation.

Now for the bad: our waiter was less attentive than worst of the roller-skating staff you see at a Sonic drive-in. The difficult part of all this was two-fold: first, after paying $155 for four people (not including tip), you'd expect to have your water glass refilled more than once. Second, tables around us (we sat outside on the patio, which was nice) had waiters who seemed to know what they were doing. By the end of our night, we were salivating over the other servers - how nice it would have been to have one of them wait on us! Oh, for a taste of cool water on a hot night, or to have someone ask whether we were finished with a half-eaten duck dish before grabbing the plate to clear the table!

There was a lot of bad, but here's just a taste: after we were served our food, our waiter came by a few minutes later to see how the food was. Outside that visit, for the next 90 minutes, he came by only twice - first, to offer one of us a second beer (while another of us sat with an empty wine glass, and we all had empty water glasses). While he was there, I asked for water and also held up my wine glass and asked for a second Malbec. He did bring us the water pitcher and refilled our glasses (just that one time), but with warm water - no ice. It was about 88 degrees and sweltering, and even though we were in the shade, it was still hot. We weren't parched, but you'd think on a hot night, eating outside, we'd have iced water as an option.

The second visit was when he dropped off the check (which was also done very inattentively, but I think you get the drift). While at the table, he didn't ask about water refills, dessert or drink refills. After giving him my credit card and him ringing up the total, we stayed at the table for another hour talking - not one single time did he come back to check on us, nor did anyone else. We saw him en route to other tables, but for an hour we sat talking and he didn't come by once.

So we left with mixed feelings...we had a marvelous time and great food, but our waiter's awful service didn't exactly leave us eager to drop another hundred or so on a repeat visit...

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback. As you know your experience fell short of our intentions. We have learned from your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

-Will

Been to Print Works Bistro? Share your experiences!