“I really want to love this bistro but...”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 937 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ever since moving to GSO I knew printworks was a place I would like. American-French cuisine can be some of the most pleasurable food out there which such supple rich flavors that never disappoint. I've been here about 4-5 times and each time the visit leaves me wanting something more. What is it though? The wine list is phenomenal, every cocktail is fantastic, the service is amazing but...it's the food. It's always just...plain.

I've had the steak frites which was pretty good, the mussels which left me craving something more flavorful, the duck confit brunch scramble was good and the thanksgiving dinner was just okay. The truffle fries however are awesome.

The food is what keeps me coming back and I really really want to love this place. Looking over the menu as I write this makes me want to go back, it's a menu that reads like a great restaurant should but I just can't justify a $30 dinner on plain food.

To be fair, I'll give this place another shot and update the review. Like I said, I really want to love this place.

1  Thank John W
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

John, I am delighted that you are willing to give us another shot. Please call me at the restaurant, 336-379-0699 and I would love to hear about your experiences and make sure your next visit is fabulous!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I think this is one of the neatest spots in town to eat. Pricing is really not that high considering how fancy it feels. I have only been able to eat outside a couple of times but the outside lounge area looks like a fun place to enjoy a drink and visit.

Of the half dozen or more times I have been here, the staff is always attentive and well informed. The food is delicious and you can find some unique vegetarian dishes. I like going here bc the menu is unlike what you will find other places, altho they do offer a hamburger etc for the less adventuresome parties in your group.

I am happy to hear how often you dine at our restaurant, what an honor! Thanks for all the compliments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Beautiful setting, excellent food and great service. I had the good fortune of having a special that is offered on Sundays, the bouillabaisse. It was flat out delicious. Every member of our 6 person party had something diferent and they all raved about their meals. The waiter was helpful in pointing out choice selections. We were not disappointed. This is the bes restaurant I have been to in Greensboro, NC so far.

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

We are thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed your dining experience with us. The Sunday night bouillabaisse special is definitely something to rave about! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip back to Greensboro. Thanks!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Because of the reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to try Print Works and the comments were right on! This place is a must and we will return!!

We went on a Sunday when they have a brunch menu. We started our meal with the Cremy Tomato Shrimp Dip and the Creme Filled Warm Beignets with hot chocolate sauce. I didn't want to share the beignets. They are unbelievable by themselves but when the hot chocalote sauce is poured on top, it is to die for!! Thank you reviewers of Tripadvisor because with your comments probably wouldn't have tired them and that would have been a BIG mistake!!

For our entrees my husband got the swordfish which he said was excellant and I go the Corn Beef Hash. My was good but my eggs were not poached but fried so no runny goodness over the eggs.

Carrie, our server was wonderful. May 13 will be our 35th anniversary so we have been celebrating for the last week. We went to Print Works on Sunday May 12 (also Mothers day) and explained to Carrie about our anniversary and that we were trying new to us restaurants in different cities within a thirty to hour drive from home to celebrate. She remembered this and at the end she brought us a tray with 4 different desserts and said happy 35th anniversary! That meant alot to both of us!!

The restaurant is very nicely appointed and makes you just want to sit and enjoy. Everyone that works there is extremely friendly and helpful. Great hospitality!!!

Although the Sunday we were there it was chilly outside due to the wind, we did check out the outside patio and would definitely recommend.

Print Works is a OMG kinda place. It might have been our first trip but will not be the last.

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Wow, what an honor to be called an OMG place!! I also agree, the beignets are amazing and I am excited you were able to try them as well. Happy belated 35th anniversary, what a milestone! Thanks again for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you soon, either to enjoy our terrace or for another special occasion.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Several visits over the past four years. Most recently a graduation week celebratory dinner. Service excellent, attentive and met the needs of our dieter by tailoring a dish. Broad menu with options for all. Cocktails and wine service are always well done. The comfortable bar and dining area in keeping with the "green"hotel. Sunday brunch is very, very good!

Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We are honored that you joined us for a celebratory graduation dinner! What an exciting time for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us and we hope to see you for many more celebrations!