“Expected More”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
North Carolina
“Expected More”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had never been to the PW Bistro for dinner until this meal. While I was not disappointed I expected more than was delivered after reading all the outstanding reviews on TA. Of all places to fall short, it was in the kitchen.

PW Bistro has a great menu and fantastic wine list. Our party ordered a bottle of the Nino Franco Spumanti Prosecco before dinner. Highly recommended sparkling wine for a fantastic price! I found the wine full bottle markups at PW Bistro to be reasonable, about 125% above retail found in most wine stores in the area.

I ordered the hanger steak paired with a 2008 Chateau Greysac Medoc Bordeaux. When Kevin, our waiter, asked how I wanted my steak cooked I specifically stated that it shouldn't be cooked for more than one minute on each side - medium rare. It was presented medium with the center being barely pink. (By its nature, hanger steak is not the most tender cut of meat and after marinating it should never be cooked beyond medium rare and then thinly sliced - 1/4 inch - at a 45 degree angle from vertical.) Mine was sliced neither at an angle nor thinly . Fortunately, the marinade did tenderize it well enough to eat without difficulty. I chose not to make a big deal out of this faux pas.

All the sides and desserts were delicious. My party ordered profiteroles and beignets; both were otherworldly. My wife and I paired our desserts with a Graham's 20 Year Tawny Port, a match for the Gods. (We keep a bottle of this port in our liquor cabinet!)

Needless to say, the kitchen, wait and front of the house staff at PW Bistro are first rate as evidenced by all the wonderful reviews. I'm chalking my less than stellar experience up to the busy-ness of the holiday season and possibly a quality assurance oversight by the head chef.

We really enjoyed our relaxing evening at the PW Bistro and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
So sorry we missed the mark on your hanger steak. I can assure you this was an anomaly and we would love to see you back!

• Hebrew first
“Delightful”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The atmosphere was pleasant. Service was great. The food was exquisite. We went on our anniversary and had a marvelous time. The food we ordered was unique and interesting, off the beaten path.

Visited March 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant. Happy Anniversary and we hope to see you on your next special occasion!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful all-around”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Always a great meal and ambiance, including Sunday brunch. Airy atmosphere, service good. Seasonal dishes always something to look forward to. Love the beignets

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! We hope to see you soon!

Cape Coral, Florida
“Fabulous fine dining”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I took my mother-in-law, an extremely picky eater, there for her birthday. Neither of us had been there before. I have a limited diet (no meat, only fish, and gluten-free), and still found delicious offerings on the menu to choose from. She had a great meal, and was brought cream puffs with a candle for her birthday, even though we didn't order dessert. While it was a bit pricey, I certainly don't mind paying for fabulous food. So many pricey restaurants in Greensboro are only mediocre, and that's when I feel cheated. The prices were not outrageous, but we'll have to save this one for special occasions. It's nice to have a go-to place where we know nobody will be disappointed by their order. Be sure to make reservations, no matter when you go or how many people in your party. I can't imagine anyone NOT liking this place!

Visited November 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are so glad you chose to dine with us to celebrate your mother-in-law's birthday! The cream puffs are delicious and always a treat! We look forward to seeing you on your next special occasion!

Charleston, SC
“Such a great restaurant!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

They serve breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. We were staying at the Proximity Hotel, which is the location of this Bistro, and were pleased that they also were serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We were visiting the area, so this was a real pleasure. The food is wonderful! We had breakfast there, as well, which is truly a great dining experience. Can't say enough about Print Works Bistro!

Visited November 2012
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and dining experiences at our hotel and restaurant. Thanks for your kind comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Greensboro!