“Nice Valentine's Day meal”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 936 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We went to Print-Works for the first time on Valentines Day and overall had a very nice meal. We had reservations for 7 but arrived at 6 to have a drink and appetizer at the bar. The bar area is nice. ITs open to the restaurant so nto completely cozy but nice. We had a cheese tray which was very good. The one issue here is no draft beer. They have a nice selection but nothing on draft. For dinner, my wife had seared rare tuna over mashed potatoes with greens. The tuna was very tender and a sizeable portion. I had the mussels and they were excellent. As a note on Wednesday they have the mussels for $15 and they have bottles of wine for $15. We plan to try that. The atmosphere is a little more modern than I like but its very nice. Our waitress was very attentive. It is on the pricey side. Between the bar, appetizer and dinner the bill was around $160 with tips. That said - overall very nice. I woudl like a draft beer however.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

The decor is unique and love that they are LEED certified (entire hotel is) but the food is just so-so. Also, it's quite loud.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I am amazed that this restaurant rates lower than the Green Valley Grill. Frankly, I think it it very much superior in terms of food, atmosphere, and general presentation. I've never done dinner here, but have done both a lunch and now a brunch. With the exception of a waitress who could have been a bit more "on the ball," everything was excellently prepared and delicious. The coffee was some of the best I've tasted in a long time. My wife said that her french toast was absolutely wonderful (and that is a lot for her to say, since I consider her somewhat of a french toast connoisseur). My eggs were to the perfect consistency. Beyond this, the room is very comfortable, airy, and yet warm.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

In an airy atmosphere of glass, high ceilings, and floral seating we had a beautiful dinner. There were many choices for fish, meat, and salads; fewe for vegetarians, but all dishes were fabulous - stroganoff, salad, salmon, beignets with local honey (YUM) or chocolate sauce...I could go on and on, but I'm getting hungry again! Largest wine list for individual glasses I think I've ever seen, and all under $10. Of course there were bottles in the hundreds of dollars if you prefer.

Great choice for an anniversary, birthday, or any splurge night. Dressy, but only if you choose.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Print Works is my favorite eatery in Greensboro. This is part of a "green" Proximity Hotel, that hosted our president this past year and has also been featured in a film. It is so lovely, relaxing and has a delicious array of menu items that can't be found in most restaurants.