“Great value, beautiful property”

Hyatt Place Greensboro
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here with two teens while visiting colleges (good rate via Guilford College) and found it perfect for our needs. I've stayed at several Hyatt Place properties over the past few years and continue to marvel at how beautiful their properties are for the price. This one is a bit different than others in the lobby area, which includes primarily tables for eating and a small alcove with one TV. The food here is quite good, including a free hot breakfast with lots of choices, as well as a "grab and go" selection for other hours. There also is a small bar in the lobby - nice feature for economy hotel - which supplied several desserts and coffee during our 2-night stay. The reception staff is very friendly, as is the housekeeping staff. The hotel includes a small and quiet gym with 3-4 cardio machines and yoga apparatus. (While TVs are built into the machines, few were operational.) The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, and includes work area, wetbar and mini-fridge. The location is excellent, with plenty of restaurants within walking distance and easy access to I-40. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Room Tip: Room on 2nd floor is quiet, and allows easy access to lobby via stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Buckeye82

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my son's gymnastics meet this past weekend. Check-in was breeze and the staff was very helpful. Our room was very clean when we arrived and it was very nice. The set up was different, but very nice. We were very comfortable and it was very quiet while we stayed. There were tons of restaurants and we could walk to the shopping center. We had a nice comfortable stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shani93
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Beautiful interior, exceptional customer service; however, you need some room serves at least a few hours a day. Also, find and eliminate the mold smell through the rooms. I have a mold allergy and constantly had a migraine during my entire trip. Get rid of the mold and I will become a regular.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bonita777
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days on business in January 2013. I've stayed at this hotel before, and usually stay at Hyatt Place when I travel for business. The fact that they are nearly identical is a plus for me--I don't want any surprises while on business. I just want "the usual."

Check in was a breeze. I got a nice quiet room in the corner on the 6th floor: the highest at this hotel. The room was clean with no visible stains. The bathrooms are dated, with some rust showing at the shower drain. The hotel manager told me that they are slated for a bathroom renovation in 2014 and the showers will have glass doors instead of curtains.

The fitness room is pretty basic with 2 treadmills, a reclining bike and an elliptical. They told me they will be getting some weights and yoga mats. There are free earphones available. They work about as well as you would expect. They have a deal with a gym nearby but if you don't have a car, it is not convenient as the walk is too long. The hotel said they would take me over with their van service, but I never tried that.

The hotel does some things especially for women business travelers such as myself. For e.g., the shower curtains are pulled all the way back when the room is cleaned. It's a little thing that makes you feel safer.

The gallery dining has the basic sandwiches, salads and pizza. You can get beer, wine or mixed drinks at the bar. The area nearby has an abundance of chain restaurants, some more upscale like PF Chang's. The breakfast buffet is heavy on the carbs but also has fruit and yogurt. They have the hot breakfast sandwiches which are OK if you like cheese. They are not always ready by 6:30AM. They also rotate through french toast and waffles. I usually just have cereal and fruit.

I had an unfortunate issue with my room--not the hotel's fault. It turns out I am allergic to the new soaps they use. The brand is Barney Kenet, MD and replaces the Portico brand they used up until Jan, 2013. The hotel's response was great. From the moment I brought the issue to their attention until I left they were attentive and helpful. They immediately acknowledged my problem and never even implied that I was at fault. At first, I had no idea what was happening to me and though it might be bugs. The hotel had the room inspected that morning by a 3rd party lab. The manager provided me with a copy of the report. She also said they have regular monthly inspections. By that time I realized it was an allergic reaction and told them so. They moved my room (I was also offered a new hotel) and offered me new, non-hotel, sheets. The manager offered to personally take me to the Urgent Care if I wanted. I didn't take them up on all the offers because I didn't need it. They gave me a free dinner with a glass of wine. Honestly, they made such a fuss it almost made the intense itching bearable.

Katherine Dukes is a new manager at the hotel. I think she said she started this month--I'm not certain of that. She is clearly customer service oriented.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AliceDinPhilly
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I generally like Hyatt Place Hotels, but this one was a bit disappointing. My room was a little more "tired" than usual, and had stains on the carpet. The wifi was abysmally slow when it worked - this should be a no-brainer in today's world. It was much quicker to just use a personal hotspot. They put toothpaste - unsolicited - in the rooms, but charged me $1.25 for a cheap can of shaving cream that you get at Wal-Mart for $.50.

It really wasn't one big thing, but rather several little things that l want/need when traveling on business that were lacking. I try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KingMagnus
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The rooms are very nice and clean however I have stayed at this Hyatt for many years during local furniture markets . Twice they have over booked and bumped my reservation and offered to move me to a local motel . On my last stay my car was broken into right in front of the hotel parking lot . The manager and staff were completely unhelpful in the situation . After this stay I tore my Hyatt rewards card .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank since1941
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place, Greensboro, NC for a one night in December 2012. I booked the room directly from Priceline (not a bid). I paid $63 for one night ($71 total with taxes and fees). The hotel is in a hotel circle with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The staff was good at check-in and throughout my stay. The room was large, modern, clean and smelled fresh. Our room had a sleeping area and separate living area with couch, desk, wet bar and refrigerator. The TV was a large HD which was shared between both areas. The furniture was nice and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and in good shape. The free wireless Internet access worked fine but, was slow (the hotel was pretty full). I did not hear much noise from other rooms.

The free breakfast was pretty good. They had fresh made egg and bacon sandwiches, cereal, toast, donuts, pastry, juice, coffee and tea. I only wish the breakfast continued past 9 am on weekdays.

Overall, we had a great stay and would stay there again. The hotel was much better than average and has free parking, free internet, a free breakfast, and the price was great too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family