“Just not worth it...”

Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Just not worth it...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I generally like Hyatt Place Hotels, but this one was a bit disappointing. My room was a little more "tired" than usual, and had stains on the carpet. The wifi was abysmally slow when it worked - this should be a no-brainer in today's world. It was much quicker to just use a personal hotspot. They put toothpaste - unsolicited - in the rooms, but charged me $1.25 for a cheap can of shaving cream that you get at Wal-Mart for $.50.

It really wasn't one big thing, but rather several little things that l want/need when traveling on business that were lacking. I try somewhere else next time.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KingMagnus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The rooms are very nice and clean however I have stayed at this Hyatt for many years during local furniture markets . Twice they have over booked and bumped my reservation and offered to move me to a local motel . On my last stay my car was broken into right in front of the hotel parking lot . The manager and staff were completely unhelpful in the situation . After this stay I tore my Hyatt rewards card .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank since1941
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place, Greensboro, NC for a one night in December 2012. I booked the room directly from Priceline (not a bid). I paid $63 for one night ($71 total with taxes and fees). The hotel is in a hotel circle with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The staff was good at check-in and throughout my stay. The room was large, modern, clean and smelled fresh. Our room had a sleeping area and separate living area with couch, desk, wet bar and refrigerator. The TV was a large HD which was shared between both areas. The furniture was nice and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and in good shape. The free wireless Internet access worked fine but, was slow (the hotel was pretty full). I did not hear much noise from other rooms.

The free breakfast was pretty good. They had fresh made egg and bacon sandwiches, cereal, toast, donuts, pastry, juice, coffee and tea. I only wish the breakfast continued past 9 am on weekdays.

Overall, we had a great stay and would stay there again. The hotel was much better than average and has free parking, free internet, a free breakfast, and the price was great too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tmann01
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2012

During my recent trip (12/7/2012) I was privileged enough to stay at the Hyatt Greensboro. I have never stayed at Hyatt Property but found your property to be appealing and the staff generally welcoming. I would like to mention how pleased I was with the service provided to my family from Mario, Tanya, Tracy and Mitchell. At check-in your staff was gracious enough to get my elderly grandmother near an elevator and to accommodate our graduation party on the same floor. At checkout, Mitchell had directions printed out for A&T’s (Aggie Pride) fall commencement.

Prior to arriving at your property, I made a reservation to stay at the Doubletree just a few miles away but decided to cancel and stay at your property with my grandmother. I have very high standards and your entire staff exceeded them every step of the way. Being in management, part of my job is to spot outstanding achievers and make sure senior management is aware of their dedication. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Brown/Beatty Family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank toyotadudehilton
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really liked the room size and layout of the room. The sink is out of the bathroom which is a plus, the living room area was a nice size, it even had a little kitchen. The downfall is the first room we stayed in had a faulty shower, the noise from the traffic outside was loud (we were even on the 6th floor). We could hear trucks and cars driving by as well as if we were outside. There was an odor of mustiness in the room. I called the next morning after a sleepless night and asked to be switched rooms away from the traffic and complained also of the noisy shower. We were switched to across the hall. That night we still experienced noise from the traffic on the other side of the hotel. We gave up!! We just won't stay here again because of the noise.

Room Tip: I wouldn't know how they could get a good room away from any traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraine B
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The only difficulty is in getting there off I-40. The rooms were large, quiet and comfortable. I would prefer 2 TVs (one by couch one by bed) but instead it had one you had to rotate. Being alone this made no difference. But if my wife were here I would want Monday night football and she something else

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tim S
Kansas City
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hyatt Place seems to follow the same blueprint, for building and management. The hotel must have an outline on specific breakfast items, as they are the same at all the hotels I have stayed at. The hotel is located off the interstate, but the local road on which the hotel is situated can be sneakily forgotten easily.

The rooms are similar, although little things could be improved.

-Actually freshen up the L shaped couch, so they do not smell like yesterday
-Include a bathroom fan
-Offer breakfast items that are not composed of 3 food groups, but singular (maybe everyone does not want to each cheese on their egg, which is hooked to a english muffin or bagel).

This location is near several local restaurants, within walking distance is a Japanese Steakhouse (sobuto), Jimmy Johns. Within driving distance, Tripps, TGIFriday's, Subway.

The pool is located outside, no hot tub.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business