“HORRIBLE........” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“HORRIBLE........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Horrible.........had paid for 3 nights, 1st night we got there late an called for late check in we booked 1double bed room an 1 king when we got there they didn't have any double beds which we were given a king which did not accommodate my family the front desk offered my 17 yr old a bed in the majntance room for the night till they could get us a room in the morning we didn't accept so he slept the floor. In the meantime the second rooms floor stunk like mildew from the shower water running out of the bathroom. That afternoon they switch all our rooms we woke up to bed bugs crawling across my blanket in the morning. Maintenance came searched bed took bug called an told us to vacate the room. So yet again we packed an at this point decided to stay else where. They have refused to give us our money back. We have contacted coorporate an they are just as horrible as the manager was. The bug was definately a bed bug we researched it pictures are exact they are now telling us it was a beetle but they called in the exterminator. REALLY for a beetle I don't think so. I will NEVER stay again an would never recommend to anyone unless you wanna waste your money.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Monica M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Faulkner, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here on a visit with friends in Greensboro. Very friendly staff, clean rooms at a good rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The strength of this hotel is the people.
They care about their guests and do whatever they can to provide help.
Wireless: for as many devices as you bring! This is a big PLUS for me. I've been to "free wifi" hotels in the past that offer this on only one device such as your laptop. Since I have an IPod for non-business communications, it was nice to be able to stay in touch with family members without paying extra for this.
Food: No room service. While they do not have a full service restaurant; what they provide is good. Their free breakfast is awesome (oatmeal is fantastic). You can order food from a simple menu of soup, salads, quesadilla, etc. They will prepare it either while you wait there or wait in your room. If you wait in your room, they'll call you when it's ready. You can then take it to your room or eat it in their dining area. You can also buy pre-made / packaged food (aka "Grab n'Go) and take it with you. Another plus: they have "bakery cafe" with yummy baked goods and in-house starbucks. They also offer domestic and imported drinks. Failing this, there are other restaurants in the area that can accommodate most dining needs :)
Rooms: this is their weakness. The best part of the rooms is the size and layout, except bathroom. However, they need to be updated. Except for the large TV (which I didn't use), the room is somewhat out-dated. The plumbing wasn't the best as the sink in my kitchenette/bar area leaked. Maintenance couldn't repair before I left, not because they didn't try, but because it was a bigger issue.... Bathroom was very small and dark - I didn't like this at all. Also the hairdryer would overheat and shut-down. I had to wait a few minutes for it to 'cool' before finishing my "do". These were annoying, but not horrible. Were these "deal-breakers" – for me, no.
Shuttle: they offer a free shuttle to/from airport. Not all hotels offer this, so this is another cost savings. You simply call them from the airport (your own phone or go to the information desk and they will phone) and they will arrange for a pick up.
Overall, if you are not too concerned about your room decor and don't require a full service restaurant, the hotel is a good economical choice. Economical because you save money on all the "small things" like breakfast, wifi, shuttles. Plus their simple meals are tasty and reasonably priced. The staff, the free breakfast and wifi are all fantastic.
BTW, they had an exercise/work out room which I didn't use, but it looked okay. Can't really say much else about that...?
I will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: I found it easy to order something quick to eat from my room, then go down and enjoy it when it was...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lady-Harley1
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm on overnight trips 1 or 2 nights a week, and I plan to make this hotel my regular place to stay when in Greensboro. It's not a 5-star hotel, but I'm not paying for that here. For the money, it's comfortable, spacious, and well-appointed, both in the lobby and the rooms. The rooms could use some sprucing up, but the 3 times I've stayed here everything has been clean and orderly. I appreciate the breakfast set-up and the availability of other food and beverage options on site (i.e., alcohol), but there's plenty else nearby off-site as well. This place is convenient to the airport and the big convention center, too. This is probably the most professional and most consistently helpful and friendly staff with whom I've ever interacted. Big kudos for that!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MLeopards
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very friendly front desk and breakfast area staff. But that's really the only part of the hotel that looks modernized. My room was clean, but in real need of a soft renovation. Worn, stained carpets, funky bathroom layout. Small window...not much natural light. Thank God I was really tired when I arrived.

There's a big sitting area with old sectional couch that looked like it had seen some mileage, and a cramped sleeping area with two double/queen beds jammed in. Bed had a nice bit of bowl-shaped sag going on, too.

Had hoped it was more like the Hyatt House I'd recently stayed at in another city. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank b_radley9
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

In an effort to be positive, I have to say that what this hotel had going for it was a very pleasant and helpful front desk staff. But having stayed at 4 other Hyatt Hotels, this property was very disappointing, pretty dumpy and not worth the price. My guess is it used to be a $65/night type place that was bought-out, "upgraded" quickly and given the Hyatt name - The couch in our first room on the 2nd floor had 2 large stains, along with stains on the carpet. We switched to the 5th floor without any problem, and while the couch appeared clean, this carpet was stained as well, you didn't want to take your shoes off. There was also the weirdest odor in the halls and rooms. We were in town for a concert and friends were staying there as well (all of us for the first time) so we stayed put but only because of time constraints. Won't stay here again, the hotel seemed like an imposter in Hyatt clothing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I like Hyatts, and we always use them when we can. We were staying 1 night here, with a King bed and romance package that included chocolate and wine. We checked in around 8 pm, and were told that due to the "heavy rain" the night prior, ALL of the king rooms were unavailable. They could only offer a double, so we figured we could deal with it. We went up to the room, and the toilet was running non-stop. There was no bottle opener, so we put the wine aside for later, and flipped on the tv. Some of the channels didn't come in, and the ones that did were terrible quality...a snowy kind of screen. So, we were unhappy, but were still willing to stay. Then, at 11:30 PM, a bus load of about 60 young teens (kids convention) showed up on the floor, screaming, slamming doors, hanging out in the hallway, running around, playing guitars...no joke. We peeked out into the hallway, and called the front desk and asked to change rooms, but there were none available, They said they would "ask them to stop." So we gave it another 20 minutes, and it was worse. We packed our stuff up, went to the lobby, and told them this is absolutely unacceptable at midnight, and we drove 2 hours home. We asked for a refund, and were told we would get one, but nothing yet. Way to ruin a romantic evening. We will NOT stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple