“A 4 star rating for a 3 star hotel :)”

Hyatt Place Greensboro
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed June 11, 2011

To be short and sweet, we got Hyatt Place after a Priceline bid and were concerned because we never stayed at one before. We could not have been more pleased. Nice staff from manager to Stephanie who checked us in and asked if everything was OK when we got to our room. The included breakfast is better than some other 3 stars that included there. The room had a 1/2 wall between the king bed and oversized couch. Fridge was nice to have. Living area in this over size one room suite had desk off to side so my wife did not hear me tap away when I was doing my writing. I would come here again. It is a 4 star rating for a 3 star hotel. Free wifi is nice also.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2011

This hotel was clean, spacious, and great value for the money.

I felt they could have given slightly more discount with how many rooms we booked, but I didn't really push the issue either.

Continental breakfast was just as you would expect for this type of hotel, no complaints at all.

The beds, blankets and pillows were very very comfy!!! I want to know where they get them!

Cons:
Only gave us 2 towels for 4 guests so we would have to call for more. The shower made a very loud noise sometimes when in use. We felt for group booking they could have done a slightly better job putting us on the same floor.

I would definitely reccomend!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Not a ton of choices in the outskirts of Greensboro. This room was comfortable enough, but the bathroom was a little unusual - it may have been an ADA-compliant room.

Not sure if I'll stay here again if I have occasion to be in Greensboro again, to be honest.

The room had a somewhat unusual set - up - no TV directly in front of the bed, as I recall.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Hyatt Places try to compete with the 'premium express hotels', like Hilton Garden Inns & Courtyard, but just don't cut it, and probably rate somewhere between these & a Holiday Inn Express. Major flaws include no microwave (but they do have a fridge - go figure), a rediculous coffee maker that uses tea-bag size packets (good for 1/2 cup of decent coffee), NO hot-tub & often no pool, no complimentary coffee in lobby, a postage stamp size bath, no ice maker on every floor, and a bare bones breakfast that ends too early. There is virtually no furniture - the only free standing furniture is a small computer dest & an end table by the sofa. (drawers are built into vanity & night stand is a shelf between the beds). On the plus side, they are generally clean (although this one was not as clean as most), contemporary, and SLIGHTLY upscale. Beds are very good - not as good as a Courtyard or Hilton, but a definate cut above the standard hotel fare of a Hol. Inn Express. The 'cozy corner' sofa is a very nice feature, but the sofa bed is horrible to attemp to sleep on. The 42" TV is a big plus & signiture feature. A big plus is you can get breakfast anytime of day, off a menu (Ex. $6.99 for bacon & eggs). A big minus is the free breakfast that ends at 9:30 & is VERY basic (breads, oatmeal, citrus sections). THIS Hyatt Place is a real zoo, is usually filled to capacity, and breakfast is a crowded zoo. It doesn't seem to attract the best clientel. The wear & tear shows. It is located directly on the interstate, so traffic noise (trucks all night) is a problem. My room had flees, but that's just one room - a guest probably snuck a dog in before we got there, so I won't fault the hotel. The bath is just big enough for the door to swing in and barely miss the toilet - that's it. The AC was noisy & mounted in the exterior wall, with controls on unit (most HP's have wall thermostate contolled AC). You can actually smell the chlorine in the water. The hotel is in a busy area & the traffic is horrible, but there's plenty of restaurants nearby. This one does have a small outdoor pool (seasonal), but right on the interstate. It appears to be a relatively safe area (emphasis on the word 'relatively'). If you can swing an extra $10-20, stay at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn. If not, the HP is probably the best you'll find for the money - just be aware of it's short-comings.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cruisedoc1
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! This is one of the rare instances where you don't get what you pay for....you get more! Our room was less than $100 so I thought that the room might not be well kept or that the interior of the hotel would be old, etc, but I was wrong. The room was very spacious and clean. The lobby was very nice and the staff were all so pleasant, even at midnight when we came in from a concert. The breakfast was ideal for me, but not my boyfriend. He ended up ordering and paying for more of a selection. They even have a small bar in the hotel! We had 6 people all together and all of us said we would definitely return to this hotel. We ate at the Japanese restaurant next door and liked it. We were able to walk to it which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank alreagan
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Great hotel, the young woman that checked me in was awsome, very personable and friendly. the only issue i had was that the room i was in was next to the kitchen, room 113, do not stay in this room, you can hear everything thats happening in the kitchen through the wall.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel 2 times in past couple of months. Hotel is OK but with some many in the area we're going to do a different one next time. I like the Hyatt Place but was not overly impressed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple