“Nothing fabulous; fine for overnight stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
OH
“Nothing fabulous; fine for overnight stay”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We recently stayed at the Drury w/ a group of nine people. In our room specifically, 2 adults and 2 kids. It was fine for an overnight stay, hotel staff was friendly, easy check in and clean rooms. Lots of nearby restaurants and shopping. Has nightly free drinks (limited selection) and snacks (chips &, pretzels).

Pros: Room was very clean and the bathroom was very spacious - corner tub and commode. Quiet and pretty good breakfast buffet.

Cons: Crowded! Get to breakfast before 8:00AM (clerk's suggestion) or you won't find a table to sit at. Pools, both indoor and outdoor, were very dirty/cloudy and the 'clean' pool towels were questionable. After seeing them I marched my disappointed kids back up to the room.

This IS a pet friendly hotel so be aware if you have allergies. There was a dog show in town so we got to have a sneek peak at some of the breeds in the lobby, parking lots and outside! They must have all been well trained b/c we never heard a peep from them.

Overall a good place for an overnight stay.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank swan7girl
KimChappell, eMarketing Coordinator at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, September 6, 2007
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! My name is Kim Chappell and I am the eMarketing Coordinator for Drury. This location is a great place to stay for family reunions because of our famous free HOT! breakfast and our indoor/outdoor pool! To keep our pool towels and room towels separate, we slightly dye our pool towels an off-white, creamy color. To ensure the safety of all of our guests, our maintenance department maintains the chemical balancing of our pool area twice a day. If you ever have questions about the hotel during your stay, just stop by the front desk to speak with Hotel Management. Of course, you can always contact management or our Customer Service department after your stay if you have any further questions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
IL
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Visited this hotel overnight while traveling through the area; very crowded in public areas and a bit noisy. This is also a pet-friendly hotel and there was a barker on our floor (thankfully not next to our room). Other than the crowding and barking this was up to Drury's
standards.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Home in WV,SC,TN
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I travel to the Greensboro area quite frequently on my way to the beach house. This hotel has great amenities. The free breakfast is splendid. The internet was extremely slow. The hotel is near the mall which is a plus. Other exits in Greensboro have more restaurants than exit 217. This hotel is secure with gated entrances.

• Liked — The free offers from the hotel
  • Disliked — Internet
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed June 21, 2007

I was in Greensboro and decided based on the reviews to spend a couple of nights at the Drury Inn with some extended family. Check-in went pretty smoothly considering we had multiple rooms. As some of the other reviews may attest, the thing that makes this hotel is the extras. It was good knowing that in the evening I could just go downstairs and get a soft drink of my choice. I'm not a drinker, but they had plenty of alcohol available from selected mixed drinks, to beer on tap at the manager's reception. The included hot breakfast was also a good start to the day. The breakfast was pretty decent. The make-you-own waffle station made great waffles, and they had lots of juices. The sausage was pretty good, but the eggs left a little to be desired... The consistency of them was off, and not quite egg-like. When I went, it was high school graduation weekend and the hotel was full, but breakfast and other amenities were never too crowded. I didn't use the pool while I was there, but I saw plenty of people in it. Good location, right off the interstate, right across the street from Four Seasons Town Center, it was easy to get to. The rooms were very clean and the beds were confortable (even though the may be a little soft for some). I would recommend it and the rate we got was great, and it is much better than the hotel directly behind it (stayed there on a previous trip). All in all good stuff...

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Rockingham, NC
Reviewed November 10, 2006

We wanted a weekend of shopping to get ready for Christmas. The hotel is in a perfect location. Snacks and drinks in the afternoon are a nice touch. A great breakfast! I tried to book a room online but I found it was cheaper to go directly through the hotel online. We will always stay here when we come to Greensboro. I don't know what more you could ask for!

• Liked — easy access
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 16, 2006

I stayed with my husband 4yr old son & my mom at Drury Oct 13-Oct15. We had a king suite which had a seperate room with a king bed and a living room with a sofa bed. The suit was a good size for 3 adults and 1 child. It also had a microwave and refrigerator. The suite and bathroom were clean. The pool & jacuzzi looked good but I didn't have time to use it. There is also a business center with 1 computer and a printer. The Quickstart breakfast is the best free hotel breakfast I ever had. It included eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, bagels and you can make your own waffles.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location easy access to I40 & I85. It is across the street from a big mall (Four Seasons Town Center). There are many restaurants in the area. This hotel is a little expensive but it is worth the cost if you want a good location and a good free breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — If you love shopping go to Four Seasons Town Center
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank VSand88197
NC
Reviewed October 10, 2006

I had never heard of Drury Inn before my stay. Our office secretary had booked the hotel and I was a little leary. Fortunately, the hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and effecient and there were lots of nice surprises! The one hour free long distace was definitely a plus, as was the coupon for three free drinks (mixed, beer, wine, etc.) in the evening. The indoor/outdoor pool looked nice - but I didn't use it. I will definitely consider Drury Inn again the next time I travel - business or pleasure.

Stayed October 2006