“Favorite Stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
BAY CITY
“Favorite Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

When we head for NC to visit the daughter’s family and grandkids, we leave early from Michigan and drive all the way to stay at the Drury’s in Greensboro. We have been doing this for a number of years now. The price is decent, especially with almost a full meal in the evening and a nice breakfast each morning…… factoring two meals into the price makes it a great deal. But most of all, Drury’s hotels are always clean and comfortable. We enjoy rolling into town, checking in, and sitting down to three free drinks each plus nachos, popcorn, hot dogs, meatballs, baked potatoes, or whatever other snack foods they have out on that day. There are always luggage carts available, and parking is fine. The breakfast is better than average and the attendant is right on top of things. We always get a good night’s sleep and go out of our way schedule wise to stop here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank osan4444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Cocktail hour with free drinks and LOTS of food. You don't even need to go to dinner! I booked online, super saver discount which turned out to be $11 more than billboard. Manager did the right thing and rewarded the return customer. Drury Inn anywhere is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have always had good luck with this chain! We have to travel monthly to this area and will continue to stay there. We continue to choose Drury for many reasons -- #1 they are pet friendly!! If you consider the evening beverages, snacks, free breakfast and wifi -- you are getting a wonderful hotel, but why would you need other reasons?? This hotel was very clean an the staff was wonderful! We will continue to go to the Drury!! Thank you for continuously surpassing our expectations!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel January 2013, that's why when I elected to go to the comedy show this weekend I booked this hotel. Things I like about hotel which is included in price: breakfast, complimentary drink (but don't drink), pet friendly, popcorn at 3 pm to 10 pm, light snack dinner (nacho, chili, hotdogs, soup; varies each night), 5 minutes from Coliseum, walking distance from Four Season mall, right off interstate 40. Staff is very professional. Kudos to Tiffany, she gave me some get shopping sites. I will book at this hotel ever time in Greensboro. If you are a student or has family member going to college in area, get a discount.

Room Tip: We were on 5th floor each visit. Room 502 is a nice location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I were very satisfied with our stay. Both our room and the rest of the hotel was clean. The front desk staff, the kitchen staff, and maintenance were all genuinely friendly. Breakfast and dinner was good and I was really impressed with free drinks at dinner and popcorn and sodas until 10pm. More than one expects from a mid-priced hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharell S
Boone, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel based on reviews from tripadvisor because we needed a pet friendly hotel. The hotel itself was very clean and the breakfast was great. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the staff were very nice and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub were also a plus. Loved the popcorn in the lobby and we wish we could have taken advantage of the free food but we were gone during the time but i'm sure it was very good. This is definetely a hotel that we will stay at again. It was minutes from the Greensboro Coliseum and close to many restaurants. They were great with the pet friendly policy and we very much appreciated that. There were no pet smells at all in the hotel and actually our room smelled great. So many pet friendly hotels are just not that clean and we were so impressed with this one. Would love to try a suite next time. We reccommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank teala01
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel New Years Eve as I was going to attend a concert at the coliseum. As soon as I checked in, without me even telling them about the concert, they indicated that there would be a contracted shuttle service available to pick up and drop off guests to the coliseum for a small fee.

My room was near the elevator on the fourth floor which initially worried me but there was no noticeable noise. I know in some hotels elevators have a loud ding but this one was nice and quiet. My room was a double non-smoking and was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of room to relax and if I'd had any real luggage there would have been plenty of room for that too. I had a good connection to the wifi and it was very fast. The only thing a bit weird is that the light switch to the bathroom was on the outside wall and I kept forgetting that!

I've never stayed at a Drury before so I don't know if this is standard or just something special they were doing for New Years but when I checked in they gave me two drink tickets and told me if I came downstairs between 5-7 p.m. there would be food and drinks. When I got down stairs I was overwhelmed! I assumed it would be a small thing with maybe a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers but it was so much more! You could get mixed drinks, beer, and soda. The food included; hot dogs, hamburgers, baked potatoes, soup, spaghetti, salads, nachos with cheese, veggie platter, etc. Wow!

Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive. Fruit, yogurt, sausages, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, with optional toppings like cheese and salsa.

I paid $106.56 total on Expedia. Not bad for a room, two screwdrivers, dinner, and breakfast!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo