“A Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
San Antonio, Texas
“A Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This particular Drury Inn is head and shoulders above any other excellent Hotel I have ever stayed. I was there for several days with my companion who attended the Market. Just like several other reviewers have stated, the staff made me feel very welcomed and special at every opportunity. I was completely blown away the first morning by The Asst. General Manager Pierre McCombs coming to me and calling me by Name in insuring that I was enjoying my stay and was being taken care of in every way. I was absolutely blown away with his sincere concern and knowing who I was without my every having talked with Him.

This attitude continued with every member of the staff that I had contact with whether they were the Housekeeping of Food Attendants.

My room had recently been remodeled and met each of my needs very well.

I mostly hung around the Hotel all day as my travel companion was away at market, but all throughout the day, the staff would come by my sitting in the lounge to insure all of my needs were being provided for.

I liked the fact that there were several wonderful restaurants in the close proximity to the Hotel as well.

All in all I truly hated having to leave but insured each member of the staff that I would be there again next year without a doubt.

The only negative thing I could say which is very petty, is that I would ask for a room that wasn't just above the laundry facility as I heard the Dryer and Washers running most of the daytime when I was in the room.

I am disappointed in one other way as well. After reading several comments from Fellow travelers expressing How great the attitude and personalities of the staff members made me feel somewhat slighted as I thought the staff was just going out of their way to make me feel very special and valued. Little did I know that they actually treat each Visitor the same exact way.

Thanks TripAdvisor for making the other comments available for me to see that others were treated equally as well as myself.

Please stay there while in the Greensboro Area as it is refreshing to be around so many pleasant and professional Employee's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were treated royally. The hotel is nicely decorated, and had a special treat for arriving customers:fresh, warm popcorn. The rooms were ample, very comfortable, and very clean.

The reception staff was very friendly and gave us lots of information regarding hotel's amenities, nearby restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this "hotel" for the high point market furniture show as they were the only hotel available last minute. I regret it --because in the middle of the night when I went to throw something in the trash I found an infestation of bugs crawling all over the garbage can and crawling up the wall. I had to take photos of this because I couldn't believe what I was seeing right before my eyes! (see photo attached) I mean seriously I have never ever stayed in a hotel and saw this sort of infestation of bugs!! When I called the front desk the girl didn't really seem surprised but tried to say "oh i never seen anything like this before" - YEAH RIGHT! (check out other people's reviews that mention ants) I demanded that I get refunded for my entire stay and I went to another hotel across the street.

This hotel is just ugly, dirty and smells. When I first came into the room I was mortified that my non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes.

I will never stay in a cheap hotel EVER again! Much less stay at this horrible motel. I will pay for my piece of mind and get into a better hotel.

I will say that the staff was friendly but that doesn't excuse this is a dirty nasty hotel with BUGS!

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Don't stay here. Please trust and believe that you will find out the hard wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Prime E
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all of our customers feedback. We strive to provide a clean, well maintained competitively priced product. We make every effort to prevent any kind of bug issue by utilizing an outside pest control company to be proactive, and sometimes there are isolated issues that may occur and we apologize. We pride ourselves in honoring our 100% satisfaction guarantee, and exceeded our commitment.

Respectfully,

Lauren Gibson
Willoughby, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The employees here have by far the best attitude of any hotel. Friendly and helpful are the operative words. Staff circulate in the food area to chat with guests, and are quick to pick up used plates and cups along the way.

The hotel is a really good value with the food included. Although breakfast is exactly the same every day, there are many options: eggs, sausage patties, breakafst potatoes, biscuits, sausage gravy, oatmeal, make your own waffles, pastries. The evening "kickback" is more than we expected with a large number of choices each night, enough to call it "dinner": 1 soup, 3 hot choices (hot dogs plus chicken tenders or mac & cheese or baked potatoes or pasta & meatballs), carrot & celery sticks, plus munchies and cold alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.

Our room was nicely arranged, with the sink outside the bathroom, which we prefer to facilitate 2 people getting ready at the same time. Where the hotel falls down is the maintenance required to keep an older property in top condition. Routine cleaning is good, but rooms lack a good deep clean -- carpets and upholstery. The furniture shows wear. The pillows are too soft and "squishy" for my taste, but that's just a personal preference.

Traveling off-season and mid-week, we did not experience the problems with parents failing to supervise children. By the weekend, there were more families, but not out of control children.

Regarding the comment about difficulty making a left turn from the hotel, we agree. Although you can exit on the side street with the traffic light, your view off to the left is blocked by the curve of the street and a large overgrown bush. Several times we started to turn and found it to be unsafe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here while in town visiting family and friends. I was welcomed at the front desk when I arrived with a warm smile. After that it was down hill for the weekend. When I got to the side of the hotel for my room, it was dark and eerie in the parking lot. The room smelled like smoke and there were small ants crawling around by the microwave and refrigerator. I didn't call the front desk because they wouldn't be able to move me due to the amount of people there. The bed was really firm and the a/c was loud when it came on. I maybe slept about 4 or 5 hours a night. The soda machine on my floor wasn't working so I was glad that there were restaurants nearby. This hotel has no room service so bring your own snacks or go to a restaurant and order extras to take back to your room. I don't care if I have to stay out in Winston Salem and commute an extra 30 minutes to visit. I will next time. I am not listening to my friends again. I should've called and just sucked up the loss of money because it was not worth it for the cost. My card could've been used for a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on about the Drury Inn and Suites Greensboro. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We do regular walks of our property, and try to ensure the lighting is well maintained. We treat our rooms daily with a deodorizer, and have an outside pest control company that inspects our rooms regularly, as well as our maintenance and housekeeping team members. We have soda (and popcorn) in our lobby complimentary from 3pm-10pm daily. We also have our nightly kickback offering a variety of food with a rotating menu, as well as several restaurants within walking distance, and menus available at the front desk for delivery. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lauren Gibson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nothing negative at this hotel. Unbelievably friendly staff! Breakfasts and dinner at the hotel allowed us to spend our food money on other things like the Professional Bull Riders tour a mile down the road and huge Hanes sale. The pool and jacuzzi were clean. The cooks work hard to ensure the best possible enjoyable meals. We got to the hotel in the middle of the night, check in was quick, check out was automatic, no need to stop at the front desk. Pop and popcorn during the day is great! Beds were comfortable. Will definitely go to Drury again. The most stress-free vacation I ever had.

• Stayed September 2012
Port City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've stayed at Drury Greensboro twice so far, once in Oct 2011 and again in Sept 2012. Our daughter attends UNCG, and a very helpful manager named Pierre informed us that they have a discount for UNCG parents. We were pleased both times we stayed there. There is a pleasant workout room, indoor/outdoor pool, & hot tub. The room was clean and comfortable, although in the future we'll make sure we don't have a room overlooking the lobby. It was a bit loud at times. There was a microwave and a refrigerator, but with free finger food at happy hour, free popcorn at night and free hot breakfast, we felt pretty covered with our needs. We will definitely stay here again when visiting our daughter and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family